2005 NBA Finals Game # 7

Game # 7 Winnner?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Spurs for never giving up. They deserve the title, IMO. That said, the Pistons never gave up, and deserved the title too. Hats off to both teams for fighting hard.

If Rasheed hadn't gotten into foul trouble, it mighta been a different game, who knows?

I don't think it was an ugly or boring series at all. Actually probably the two best TEAMS in the NBA going at it tough. Some one sided games, some others very close.

Spurs have won 2 of the last 3 championships now, and 3 of the last 7. That's not bad. Call them boring or ugly all you want!

Edited by Aggie87

Alright, now that my predictions for the series and the game were vindicated, it's time to start trashing the winner and praising the loser:

1) Controlling for talent, Detroit TOTALLY outplayed San Antonio. I mean, on paper the Spurs were a much better team, but Detroit played like they wanted the trophy. In the end talent won out, but only barely. SA barely won, if they were serious about winning we'd be talking about a threepeat right now. Pistons played outstanding basketball...

2) Giving the MVP to Duncan was the biggest cop-out in recent Finals MVP history. The guy played alright in this game, but definitely came well short of expectations. I would have given it to either (A) either Horry or Bowen or (B) a Pistons player (probably Billups). WEAK!

3) I couldn't hear what Bill Walton was saying tonight but I'm sure it was stupid.

Guy

Nobody was consistently good for the Spurs though, thoughout the 7 games. I think Duncan almost got it by default, because it's the stat categories and the "leader" of the team designation that Duncan had going for him.

You could probably make a case for Bowen being worthy, as he played perhaps the most consistent of any Spur, IMO. But he's not a scorer, so I'm guessing that eliminated him from consideration.

Who picks the MVP, anyway?? David Stern?

I agree with you Guy that Detroit played harder. They DO play better with their backs against the wall.

They gave the MVP to Duncan?!?!!?  He played horrible.  Absolutely horrible, especially for all this talk about being "the best power-forward ever" bullshit.

:tdown

I agree -- the more I think about it, Bowen should have really gotten it for (mostly) shutting down Rip, and then making crucial plays when switched to Chauncey. Bigtime PF's have a way of choking in these big series, so to be fair to TD at least he's won a championship (unlike Barkley and Malone).

Guy

I know... he's a humble guy, but criminey... if this isn't a blatant case of trying to make someone a star who isn't a star... he's a good player, but is he a great player?  I haven't seen it.

Woah, I totally disagree. We are talking about one of the best 5 players in the league.

Guy

I know... he's a humble guy, but criminey... if this isn't a blatant case of trying to make someone a star who isn't a star... he's a good player, but is he a great player?  I haven't seen it.

I dunno, I'm torn on this one. If you could swap Rasheed & Tim straight up, would Sheed have been able to score as many PPG playing against Detroit's tough inside defense?

I still agree he didn't dominate the series, either way.

I like how some people voted in this poll after the game was over!!!

:P

Some of us didn't realize that this poll existed until after the game was over. Had I been asked before the game started who I thought was going to win, I would have said the Spurs; and that is how I voted, albeit belatedly. I also thought, however, that the Pistons could easily have won this game. As others have mentioned, they seemed to be a little out of sync in the 4th quarter (not something that I would have expected from such a well-coached and poised team), and that was their downfall.

Spurs proved to be the better team in the end.

Duncan and Ginobili were unstoppable. They should have shared MVP honors.

Spurs were struggling a bit in the third quarter and they started throwing it in to their bread-and-butter guy, Duncan.

These two are great players, and the Pistons couldn't stop them when it mattered. Ginobili caused trouble with his shooting and slashing.

Pistons need to add another guy for next year. They need another scorer.

I'm still pissed over Danko, Darko, Stanko, whatever his name is...