Borah Bergman

Alexander Hawkins

• 7 years later...

I'm familiar with his work with saxophonist Tom Chapin (one on Boxholder that's still in print, another more obscure album whose name and label escape me). Concentrated yet liberated stuff, and worth checking out. Beyond that, though, I don't really know his playing too well.

I believe the one you're referring to is "Inversions" on Muworks Records. It's from 1992, and is worth the search. Sadly, it's out of print, but should be relatively easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...

51%2BowD8L1yL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Borah Bergman shared leadership with Roscoe Mitchell on this Kntting Factory cd. I've only listened to it once - time for another listen - but I remember having the sense that both musicians were listening to each other very closely.

This was my only exposure to Mr. Bergman, so I have no idea if it's typical of his playing.

Edited by paul secor

I'm familiar with his work with saxophonist Tom Chapin (one on Boxholder that's still in print, another more obscure album whose name and label escape me). Concentrated yet liberated stuff, and worth checking out. Beyond that, though, I don't really know his playing too well.

I believe the one you're referring to is "Inversions" on Muworks Records. It's from 1992, and is worth the search. Sadly, it's out of print, but should be relatively easy to find.

Good to know; of course, the Boxholder is long OOP by now as well.