Anyone use DeepDiscountCD.com?

DukeCity

They're not bad, and it's hard to argue with the prices. However, they can take forever to stock certain CDs (particularly new releases) -- I had some annoying experiences with a CD that "would be in stock in 10 days". After the 10 days were up, they told me it would be in stock in another 10 days.

Guy

prices and selection are good, but they are excrutiatingly slow. I have waited over 2 weeks after receiving the shipment confirmation email for packages to arrive-I once waited 3.5 weeks, got fed up and had customer service send me a replacement because it seemed like it was lost, only to have it finally show up about 5 weeks after it had been shipped. I actually received the replacement order before the original showed up! Personally, I don't think I will order from them again. Too long of a wait

prices and selection are good, but they are excrutiatingly slow. I have waited over 2 weeks after receiving the shipment confirmation email for packages to arrive-I once waited 3.5 weeks, got fed up and had customer service send me a replacement because it seemed like it was lost, only to have it finally show up about 5 weeks after it had been shipped. I actually received the replacement order before the original showed up! Personally, I don't think I will order from them again. Too long of a wait

I've had the same problem with several of my orders, with a slight difference: the original packages didn't show up...

I have made 5 or 6 orders at deepdiscountcd in the last 3 years, all were more or less succesful. Sometimes individual items were cancelled or were sent later (without additional shipping charge).

I made these orders because the CDs were hard to find or significantly cheaper than elsewhere. Overall I prefer CD Universe, for it's reliability and ease of use, like the possibility to cancel or combine orders.

I've ordered a fair amount from them. It's an adventure. With no shipping charge to the US, it's nice to be able to order only one CD and not get ripped off. On the other hand, I recently ordered Zoot Sims and the Gershwin Brothers, which arrived in about 50 pieces. It was unbelievable. They did replace it without any problems. Lot's of stuff gets canceled, but overall I've gotten about 80%, and the prices are not easy to beat. I'll continue to use them.