What was your first Mosaic?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was the Larry Young set.

How many set have you gotten rid of for one reason or another?

I have all of mine.

Hi, I'm a new member...The first set I purchased was #121 The Complete Blue Note 45 sessions of Ike Quebec, purchased with #141, The 1960's Jazz messenger recordings. I remember asking if they had any misc. parts of the #107 Quebec/Hardee set, but they had nothing they could sell me. I have since purchased a bunch more Mosaics, I'm keeping 'em all.

For me it was the Larry Young set.

How many set have you gotten rid of for one reason or another?

I have all of mine.

Hi, I'm a new member...The first set I purchased was #121 The Complete Blue Note 45 sessions of Ike Quebec, purchased with #141, The 1960's Jazz messenger recordings. I remember asking if they had any misc. parts of the #107 Quebec/Hardee set, but they had nothing they could sell me. I have since purchased a bunch more Mosaics, I'm keeping 'em all.

The Quebec/Hardee is one of the very few early sets that I somehow missed, even though I kept meaning to get it. Ouch! Bad memory...

First one I got was the Monk Blue Note...didn't I say this before?

Grant Green.

I'd love to have this one! :(

So would I--but you know, most of it is now available on Blue Note CD's still in print.

Yes,I know and I have got it all but still, I'd like to have this one in my collection. If anybody wants to get rid of this piece of s..., please get in touch! :P

Edited by ASNL77

Mine was the Larry Young set back ....oooh ages ago .....had lots but only have ever sold the LP sets I had when I got rid of all my LPs...that got me many more mosaic sets on cd though so I was happy and replaced all that I had lost either box sets or on cds...

I do regret not having the tina brooks booklet any more as well as the ike quebec john hardee booklet although I have all the music on Japanese cds etc

I have just about all ( if not all ) of the Blue Note ones save the MOnk and Powell but had that stuff on cd anyway

I will never forget the first set though ...( I know I have told this story elsewhere on the board before ( snore!) but I had a batch of old lps spare from blue note which I swapped for the larry young set ...it was AWESOME

So much to enjoy over 6 discs from the sides with Grant Green and the later Young Material

I could never sell that set for just that reason...got it from Decoy Records in Manchester UK no longer there sadly

:bad:

I also remember the excitment of the first delivery of a set...Art Blakey I think...big box..solid wrapping etc...decent customer service....nervous phone calls from the UK, trying to dodge paying huge import fees (and winning :rolleyes: )

and the voice of the woman on the other end of the phone :blush:

Anyway...ordering online is easier now and I have many many more sets but Larry Youngs set is still there,...a little more used looking maybe but still kickin my ass whenever I put it on!