I killed a guy last night !!!!

;)

Just curious what most of us do at night during the week.

I used to hit a local pub on a regular basis and have a few beers with some buds before going home.

Going out for dinner and maybe checking out some live music was another common thing.

Now I very rarely do anything at night during the week, unless it is business related.

It seems I mostly go straight home at the end of the day.

What the hell happened?

Edited by catesta

Boring. That's my life after work. Boring.

Didn't used to be that way, but since I married, I can't just go off and do whatever I want any longer. So weeknights after 6pm finds me doing the dishes, reading, watching TV, working on demos of my songs, posting with all youze here on the board, and talking with my wife. Last night was special, because I had the opportunity to burn a cd for a fellow board friend; a nice departure from the routine!! Well, none of these things I do are boring as activities themselves, but I just pine for the days where I could stay up until 2am and make all the noise I wanted, where I wanted, and with whom I wanted.

Edited by jmjk

I've been spending more and more time at home. I'm a happily married man, and my wife has been happy to spend more and more time at home which is okay with me. Going out for dinner suits us both and that happens several nights a week, usually a weekend night and a weekday night.

I started going out less and less when I quit smoking nearly thirteen years ago. The first year I couldn't BEAR to go where smoking was--too tempting or irritating or both, and there was still a lot of public smoking around then. And then I just got out of the habit. . . . And spent all my money on cds and tube equipment. . . .

I'm married too and I've got a 19 month old hyperactive son. I don't get much downtime at home. I used to read everyday. I think I've read 5 books since my son was born. It's also tough because my wife comes unhinged when I'm on the computer too long. It the old "You love your computer more than me/What are you looking at thing" - It's pretty tough. I actually spent last weekend in the doghouse for spending too much time checking in on the boards. I tried to explain that there's been a lot going on, but she still gave me grief. It's pretty tough. Before I was married, I used to listen to music every night, or record music or read. It's hard because I don't have time to do the things that made me "me" - that's why you'll see me posting during the day and not much at night.

Well, I've got twin daughters less than two years old, so - I'm sorry to say - my social live is this board! ;)

But I will add that there's a used record/CD store just down the street, so for a while I stopped in, if only briefly, several nights each week after work and before going home. I still run there on occassion whenever I "need a break from the family.

But mostly these days I stay at home with the wife and kids. And occassionally eat animal crackers in bed.

Ray

Hey! Maybe my life isn’t as dull, after work, as I thought it was?

I’m not married so I can do whatever I want. Unfortunately, sometimes what I want is to be with that ‘special someone.’ It seems you always want what you don’t have.

I purchased a new laptop last Thanksgiving. When I’m at home the internet is nearly ‘my life.’ The computer is on the kitchen counter when I’m in the kitchen and on the cushion beside me when I’m on the couch. I even use the damn thing, monitoring this board, right before I go to bed at night. Sad?

I go running three nights per week, eat dinner at my parent’s house one night per week, then visit a long-time friend, usually for dinner, on Friday nights. It seems I’ve used 5 nights of the week but the routine has become dull, nevertheless. Jazz and the internet are the highlights of my life. B)