Bring it on!

Free For All

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to these new sides more than about anything that's come out lately. I've only heard the Miles material from Live-Evil;otherwise it's all new to me. Also looking forward to the Trane Half Note set coming out this fall.

There has been so much great music coming out lately between Mosaic, Blue Note et al. Not to mention Chuck's recent Bird discovery.

A wealth of riches! And much of it I haven't heard before. We're doing all right.

September 27th is going to be a good day. Plus it's Bud Powell's birthday.

Jes bein' thankful. :g

What's on your Holy Grail list?

Edited by Free For All

I'm with you on the Miles, the Monk & Trane, that batch of fine Blue Note Connoisseurs

Also looking forward to the batch of Tubby Hayes reissues including Mexican Green, 100% Proof, Tubbs Tours.

There's almost too much stuff coming out. But am I compaining? Hell, no. I can always buy food another time... :unsure:

One week 'til shipping! I tacked the Mehldau on when I noticed it also came out on the 27th. My order:

Davis, Miles The Cellar Door Sessions 1970 $38.49 Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 (lucky to have gotten this at the lower price!)

Monk, Thelonious At Carnegie Hall $13.29 Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brad Mehldau Trio Day Is Done $13.29 Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sept 27 is going to bust my credit card! I too ordered the Cellar Door for the low CD universe price and for $10 I got the 2-day shipping, which should give me enough time to listen to the Monk/Coltrane- I'm also going to get the new Neil Young, new Ryan Adams and probably the new Band box set! Ouch!

It figures. Just when I was really pumped for a new release it gets all jacked up.

So now I'll have to wait not only for the Miles but also the Monk/Trane (since I had them shipped together). Maybe I'll just cancel the Monk/Trane (and the Mehldau) from my order and get them locally. I definitely won't cancel the Miles since I got it for the lower price.

I'll be curious to hear what this latest Cellar Door delay is all about. :rmad::rmad::rmad:

EDIT: I just made myself feel better by pre-ordering some October 4th Conns. Now watch that order get backed up! :blink:

Edited by Free For All