Happy birthday Jazzshrink!

J.A.W.

thank you all for the warm wishes. however, this has got to go down as one of the most difficult birthdays i've ever had. i got to bed around 3am last night. a couple hours later, i woke up and thought we were having a torrential downpour outside. what i soon realized was that the downpour was happening in my apartment! water was pouring from the light fixtures and smoke dectectors in the ceiling, and the floors had an inch of water. you could hear a waterfall running between the walls, and frankly my cat and i were very scared. i later found out that a connection in the main water pipe in the apartment above me had come loose, and the water pressure blew a hole in their wall! i won't go into too much more detail right now - i'm still kind of shaken up, and thinking about it makes me uncomfortable. suffice it to say that my cat and i are safe, and get this - my cds, my stereo equipment, and my computer are fine! i literally ran around pulling things out harm's way for an hour or so, putting them in my car and my neighbor's apartments.

when you consider what might have happened, i believe I am very fortunate. maybe this was the best birthday ever after all!