24...5th season

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hoping that there will be a twist and that President Palmer will reappear later in the day...(stranger things have happened...) I almost wanted to stop watching and boycott the season after I watched the first 15 minutes.... I love(d) President Palmer...

Can't wait to rush through my day to get home to watch two more hours tomorrow night!!

It's on FOX, and the next two hours are on Monday night, not sure what time it would be in your area. I'm taping the first two nights and would be happy to send you the tape to get you caught up. It's never too late to become a 24 junkie. This is only the second season that I watched during the regular season. I got caught up on the first three seasons with DVDs while watching Season 4 last year. It was a little challenging to keep all those storylines straight in one season!

Edited by rachel

i think edgar is secretly in love with chloe and he is going to take chloe's new boyfriend into Tech-1 and beat him up. These new terrorists: do u think they used to work under Habib Marwan? That one who blew up the van today looks like he could be marwan's brother. jack will be extra mad if theres a marwan connection. CTU better get it under control. they better not send the 'doctor' in on chloe once they have her back in holding. chloe like usual had to blab so now she is in trouble. if she doesnt tell CTU where jack is they will torture her for sure. i am so sad michelle is dead. its partly tonys fault he should of talked it out w/ her more before she just went off to CTU. What do you think it was that president palmer knew? why did they have to frame jack for it? what is going to happen?

what is going to happen?

My guess is: a lot of wild stuff will happen, Jack won't even get a nap or a shave, he'll kick everyone's ass, kill the bad guy(s) and save the world. Just a guess, I could be wrong. :)

They should have one season happen over the daylight-savings time change. That would be what, 23 or 25, depending.

I knew from the way they showed Dennis Haysbert's name in the credits (it was "special appearance" or something like that) he was going to get killed early on. I guess that State Farm bread must be righteous. Michelle was a surprise, though. Tony's quite a resilient fellow, isn't he? After that "fire bath" he didn't look all that bad. And I hope Jack doesn't have to drag this kid around the whole time. He'll be the "new Kim", you know, needing "rescued" at every turn. :mellow:

iwhat is going to happen?

I think the Tricky Dick lookalike Pres is either in on the "plot" - or he's a dupe. (hmmmmm- sound familiar ?)

Kim is supposed to be back this season. Think there'll be a romance between this new kid and her ?

Logan's key adviser is clearly in on it.

Logan just seems to be a major putz. :ph34r:

=

It's on FOX, and the next two hours are on Monday night, not sure what time it would be in your area. I'm taping the first two nights and would be happy to send you the tape to get you caught up. It's never too late to become a 24 junkie. This is only the second season that I watched during the regular season. I got caught up on the first three seasons with DVDs while watching Season 4 last year. It was a little challenging to keep all those storylines straight in one season!

Thank you so much, Rachel. YOU are a giant among women.:) That would be fabulous. I see it now, on the schedule for tonight on FOX. PM me, if you would like. :wub:

Series Five got off to a great start . What suitable comeuppance is being plotted for the horrible tricky dicky clone prez I wonder ? Shocked that Michelle and Palmer bit the dust and I wish they'd present the terrorists without the shaved heads, stubble and black vans that have become very cliched.

When did Sam Gamgee become such a prick? <_< (sorry, but it's hard to see Sean Astin as anything other than a hobbit)

EDIT: OK... he's a smart hobbit, er, government agent who comes across initially as a prick but redeems himself because of his quick thinking. :)

Edited by rachel

• 1 month later...

Not much chatter about this since the beginning so I'll continue by saying this show is like CRACK! :crazy:

Ok my questions......

Why is Logan such a weak, wishy washy scumbag?! Will he stop the motorcade? David Palmer would never have stood for any of the things that Logan has sputtered and putzed on.

Are CTU and Agent Curtis gonna revolt against Lynn McGill and throw his ass in holding? Is McGill gonna stop being such a wuss bag and make some smart decisions today?

I heard a rumor that Tony will wake up before the end of the day and kick some ass.....I'm not sure I can see that, given his state.

When will Kim come back?

This week is gonna go SSOOOOOO slow :ph34r::ph34r:

Major casting faux pas; Sean Astin playing a character that is supposed to have at least a modicum of gravitas. Not even close...he is a friggin' Hobbit. However, that's one of the few missteps in what, otherwise, is as addictive a show as I've run into. This is getting close to the pedestal upon which currently rests Twin Peaks and the first few seasons of the X-Files. And Leave it to Beaver, but we won't get into that here.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

Don't necessarily agree re: Sean Astin. Yes, not much gravitas there, but he's meant to represent all the gov't wonks who've risen to power based on politics and connections instead of experience. Interesting, too, to see how Bill (the other head of CTU) has become more sympathetic and likeable now after coming across as such a prick last season.

And as much as President Logan is such a spineless weasel, I can't help but feel some of his indecision is warranted. I mean, if I was in that position and had to choose between sacrificing 1000s of innocent civilians in the hopes of maybe stopping some terrorists who might try to target 10s of thousands more... well, i don't think that would be an easy decision to make. Still, his depiction is such that it doesn't inspire much hope and confidence in him or the office. So perhaps the show is more realistic than we might give it credit for. -_-

Another thing I find fascinating about it is how absolutely Republican the show is in some of its sensibilities... and how it suckers us into accepting its point of view. I mean, I'm naturally against torture, tend to believe that it's not effective, and that the ends don't often justify the means. And yet every time Jack does it it's hard not to cheer and condone his actions, with the means absolutely justified by the results. So much for abstract concepts and concrete reality. :w