Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all of Kip Hanrahan's American Clavé label is now up. :tup

For the uninitiated steer very clear (just from samples) of something called "Beautiful Scars" - a new one by Kip. But by all means there is some important work for the taking.

American Clavé

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

300x300.jpg

I came across this stuff last month in a search for Lester Bowie. A friend of mine also came across it, by chance, in a search for Olu Dara. Another friend came across it by chance searching for Taj Mahal. Everyone had dl'd the Ishmael Reed Conjure album. I picked up a couple of tracks from other albums here and there. Thanks for the rec's Vint!

Curiouser and curiouser!

After putting up a bunch of discs in August and then deleting all but 7 (why that 7?) in September, ECM have just added another dozen of the Touchstones to e-music (UK).

I can't understand their logic at all!

Quickly swallowed AEC's 'Full Force' and 'the first 'Gateway' before they vanish!

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Freddie Redd - Music From The Connection

George Coleman - Amsterdam After Dark

Barry Harris - Plays Barry Harris

Bill Evans - Quintessence

Karrin Allyson - Footprints

Charlie Hunter - Baboon Strength

Art Blakey live at the 1972 Monterey Jazz Festival

Yazoo blues collection: St. Louis Town 1929-1933

Kenny Dorham - Quiet Kenny

Gerry Mulligan Quartet - Zurich 1962

Teddy Charles, Idrees Sulieman, John Jenkins, Mal Waldron - Coolin'

Most all of Kip Hanrahan's American Clavé label is now up. :tup

For the uninitiated steer very clear (just from samples) of something called "Beautiful Scars" - a new one by Kip. But by all means there is some important work for the taking.

American Clavé

I came across this stuff last month in a search for Lester Bowie. A friend of mine also came across it, by chance, in a search for Olu Dara. Another friend came across it by chance searching for Taj Mahal. Everyone had dl'd the Ishmael Reed Conjure album. I picked up a couple of tracks from other albums here and there. Thanks for the rec's Vint!

:tup

Anyone and everyone should, at the very least, spend a token on "Rawalpindi Blues" from the Paul Haines 'Darn It' album and then play it as loud as the neighborhood will allow plus one notch more. Possibly my favorite performance of all time ... it will grab you by the wish bone!

I indulged in some booster packs from Best Buy (hey, I had had a hard day, okay?):

Pierre Michelot - Round about a bass

Gerry Mulligan - The Quartets In Concert - Pablo

JJ Johnson, Kai Winding, Bennie Green, Willie Dennis - Four Trombones

Sam Jones - Changes and Things

Sun Ra - My Brother The Wind Vol. II

Martin Taylor - In Concert

Kenny Burrell - Stormy Monday Blues

Ethan Iverson - The Minor Passions

Bob Brookmeyer - Paris Suite

Lennie Tristano - Wow

Tommy Flanagan - Jazz Poet

David Murray - Ming

Oregon - Prime

Hank Jones - With The Meridian String Quartet

Dave McKenna Quartet featuring Zoot Sims

Abdullah Ibrahim - Duke's Memories

Big Joe Turner - Everyday I Have The Blues

Johnny Griffin/Eddie Lockjaw Davis - Live At Minton's

Art Pepper - Straight Life

Earl Hines - Live in Orange (Hot Club 1974)

Thelonious Monk - Monk The Transformer

Joe Beck & John Abercrombie - Coincidence

Bill Evans - Explorations

Freddie Redd - San Francisco Suite

Barry Harris - Live From NY

Karrin Allyson - In Blue

Yazoo blues collections - Harmonica Blues

Kenny Dorham Quintet

Bobby Jaspar - Modern jazz au club St-Germain

Steve Lacy & Mal Waldron - At the Bimhuis 1982

Roy Eldridge - The Nifty Cat

Jay McShann - Going To Kansas City

Earl Hines Plays Cole Porter

Buddy Tate - The Texas Twister

Sun Ra - Cosmic Tones / Art Forms

That's obscene, man. How can you digest all that music?

I start feeling overwhelmed around 4 or 5 albums per month. :wacko:

Someday I'll get through it all. It's better than not having them. To put it in perspective: All of the albums I just mentioned cost me a total of $25.

Someday I'll get through it all. It's better than not having them. To put it in perspective: All of the albums I just mentioned cost me a total of $25.

I know what you mean. I've probably bought 20+ cards over the last 5-6 months and have downloaded well over a hundred albums. The neatest thing is being able to take chances on artists that I've never heard before, especially European artists on discs that would otherwise be very expensive imports (if I could even find them here).

What booster packs at BEST Buy are you getting? at teh Best Buy near me, where the cards finally started appearing, a card for 100 songs is $29.95.

What booster packs at BEST Buy are you getting? at teh Best Buy near me, where the cards finally started appearing, a card for 100 songs is $29.95.

They're the same as the Circuit City packs, except that the CC ones expired at the end of Sept. while the BB ones are good through October. Still on sale at $5/65 downloads - though they're apparently now getting hard to find.

They're the same as the Circuit City packs, except that the CC ones expired at the end of Sept. while the BB ones are good through October. Still on sale at $5/65 downloads - though they're apparently now getting hard to find.

Yeah...people actually shop at Best Buy! ^_^

I only d/l'd the bonus tracks, as I have all the albums proper on either DCC gold cds or AP SACDs.

That said, I really enjoyed the bonus tracks. And the guitar sound on some of the live tracks was just tremendous. Real gritty, cranked to 11 and threatening to feedback with overload...

Way cool...

Okay...so I didn't download the two 45 Revs per Minute tracks...; meh...if you've heard 'em once, that's enough. :)

Edited by Parkertown

No, with the exception of just a few tracks. Some cool alternate takes. Rough Mixes...

Here they are:

Bootleg [Alternate Take] Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition)

Born On The Bayou [Live in London] Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition)

Proud Mary [Live in Stockholm] Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition)

Crazy Otto [Live at The Fillmore] Bayou Country (40th Anniversary Edition)

Travelin' Band [Remake Take] Cosmo's Factory (40th Anniversary Edition)

Up Around The Bend [Live in Amsterdam] Cosmo's Factory (40th Anniversary Edition)

Born On The Bayou [Jam with Booker T.] Cosmo's Factory (40th Anniversary Edition)

Before You Accuse Me - Outtake Creedence Clearwater Revival (40th Anniversary Edition)

Ninety-Nine And A Half (Live @ The Fillmore) Creedence Clearwater Revival (40th Anniversary Edition)

Suzie Q (Live @ The Fillmore) Creedence Clearwater Revival (40th Anniversary Edition)

Broken Spoke Shuffle Green River (40th Anniversary Edition)

Glory Be Green River (40th Anniversary Edition)

Bad Moon Rising [Live in Berlin] Green River (40th Anniversary Edition)

Green River/Suzie Q [Live in Stockholm] Green River (40th Anniversary Edition)

Lodi [Live in Hamburg] Green River (40th Anniversary Edition)

Hey Tonight [Live in Hamburg] Pendulum (40th Anniversary Edition)

Fortunate Son [Live in Manchester] Willy and the Poor Boys (40th Anniversary Edition)

It Came Out Of The Sky [Live in Berlin] Willy and the Poor Boys (40th Anniversary Edition)

Down On The Corner [Jam with Booker T.] Willy and the Poor Boys (40th Anniversary Edition)