Someone here MUST own a vintage [or just friggin old] car or cars.

Dmitry

I wish I had never traded in my first car. I had a 1968 AMC Javelin (that's Rambler to all you critics!)

That car was sweet. It had been tricked out by a previous owner and was quite fast....quick actually. I never timed it officially, but I can safely state that it went from 0 - 60 in less than 7 seconds...maybe 6.

Borg Warner T-10 tranny, Hurst shifter (4 speed of course), 4 bbl carb and dual Thrush glass pack exhausts. Being young and dumb, I thrashed the living hell out of it, street racing most weekend nights. When I last drove it, it was belching smoke, and sputtering down the road, in dire need of an engine overhaul.

Now I see restored Javelins and AMXs going for around $5,000 - $8,000. Oh well.

And I didn't even think to take a decent picture of it back then. :(

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCF1264_(Small).JPG

Do you think those headlight clusters/front wings would pass our NCAP tests nowadays???? :P Not made with pedestrians in mind. Mind you, over there you don't have people juts walk out into the road do you, like we have in this country. British cities are a free-for-all with little respect for road markings, zebra crossings, lights or box junctions. That goes for pretty much everyone, from the stereotypical 'white van driver' to many cyclists, cabbies and commuters in general. If you try to observe etiquette and road manners you pretty much feel like you're wasting your time.

a-a-a-a-a-nnnnnnnd........Breathe......

Rant over, sorry.

Beautiful motor that though! :)