Someone here MUST own a vintage [or just friggin old] car or cars.

Dmitry

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wheels: dark blue '92 Honda Accord wagon(!) -- but I'm gonna trade it in on a new Prius come June or July, though.

My wife's car: maroon '93 Accord sedan (2-door).

She gets the Prius, and I get her car -- which is fine, cuz I can walk or bike to work quite a few days of the week (whether permitting). And she has a little longer commute than I do (though she takes the bus a couple days a week too, when she can).

edit: I love my wagon too, and wish we could keep it -- but it's burnin' oil, a good two quarts every 3,000 miles. My wife's car still runs like a top. Both have been GREAT cars, each with about 150,000 miles on them. I hope my wife's car (soon to be mine) lasts another 5 or 10 years.

Rooster, is your car burning the oil(Blue smoke) or just leaking/using 2 quarts every 3K??? A fair bit of miles, but still cheaper to reseal/rebuild a motor than buy a new car that will lose value right away.

BUT, if you have your heart set on a hybrid, check out this site...

http://www.priuschat.com/

( I think hybirds are the wave of the future, but there still are some issues to be worked out, such as the high voltage cables, that can be a safety issue for rescue workers in case of an accident)

Edited by BERIGAN

What is this, a high school yearbook? Although that '67 Camero is choice, Ron.

A 1924 Model T

A 1928 Chevrolet Sedan

A 1951 Plymouth Cranbrook Convertible

No, I'm not that :crazy: old.

You have all 3 cars right now??? Wow! Why no AMC??? :huh:

Have a photo of the Cranbrook?(Never even heard of it! :blush: )

I have a 19 y.o. red car. Too cold here to work on it now. I'll post a pic later.

What's your ride?

Lucky dog. :)

I have in the past owned several older (classic) cars.

I'm a sucker for 60s and 70s model year Cadillacs, Buicks and Lincolns. I love Corvettes in those model years as well. I'm also quite fond of imports, mainly Alfa Romeo, Fiat X/19s, and Triumphs.

I love the classic lines.

I saw a 75 Coupe De Ville in Howard Beach the other day. You would have thought the guy just drove it off the showroom floor. The guy also owns a mint 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV.

As soon as I get my parking situation corrected, I am going to hunt down another early 70s Eldorado or Coupe De Ville. Or, maybe even a Triumph TR-6.

I see this area is restricted... I am not exactly a car, but my conception dates back to 1978, so maybe I am allowed to be here?

This was our first family car:

mini-renault-4.jpg

You can create one for yourself here:

renault_4_tl.jpg

This here was our not so good for family purposes car:

X78F126b.jpg

Much more fun than those huge oil-addicted US ships, no? :D

Does old motorbike count?

I have an old BMW R65, named 'Old Betsie' from my son.

Hey, two wheels good, four wheels bad! I think George something-or-other said that in a book called "Motoring Farm" or something...

Actually I have two bikes, so it makes four wheels, but I think it's twice 'good' :g

Ubu, did you actually have a Fiat 126?!

A safe choice as a family car, since the two-cylinder engine inspires a relaxed driving style.

Well, I really don't know much about cars, but this one looks like what I remember we had, 25-20 years ago or so. It had an open roof (not cabriolet, just the whole roof could be rolled back) - maybe that helps to find out? I cannot get hold of the nickname that car had (something like jumbolino, but not exactly that... it was italian, for sure).

I sold my 1990 Honda CRX this fall :( Hard to justify a 2 seater as a family man. It is probably now a souped up hot rod on the Toronto streets.

Have a 1993 Mercury Villager van, with almost 300,000 kms. I tinker with it and it runs very well. Advantage - Nissan engine. Disadvantage - Ford body (rust) :angry:

I cannot get hold of the nickname that car had (something like jumbolino, but not exactly that... it was italian, for sure).

There was a Fiat Topolino in the 30s-50s:

topo36_32.jpg

and i suspect that nickname is sometimes used also for the successor, Fiat 600:

old600c.JPG

It was manufactured from 1955 and into the 70s.

If you want to make one of these as well, click *here*.