Andy Bey puts me to sleep

Hardbopjazz

This evening I was listening to "Tuesday's in Chinatown" and it made me fall asleep. I like Andy Bey's voice and singing, infact, I've seen him live, but this CD made me sleepy. If you're on any sleep aids, stop them and pick up that CD. At least there's no side affects.

Edited by Hardbopjazz

This evening I was listening to "Tuesday's in Chinatown" and it made me fall asleep. I like Andy Bey's voice and singing, infact, I've seen him live, but this CD made me sleepy. If you're on any sleep aids, stop them and pick up that CD. At least there's no side affects.

No hard feelings HBJ. I think Tuesday's in Chinatown is terrific. Andy Bey is a special kind of genius.

I agree 100%. I even dig his vocals on those Horace Silver CD's from the mid 70's and on. I like that CD Tuesday's in Chinatown. It just makes me real relaxed, that's all. I can't think of another CD that did that to me.

Tom.

Maybe if you hold off on that six pack before you start listening? ;)

Try putting on Jimmy Scott's "Falling In Love Is Wonderful." Beautiful album that is one of my favs, but will definately put you in such a relaxed state you'll fall asleep. Those tempos! If you haven't heard this album, get it!

I think I have this album. I have to listen to it again. Is this the album with a woman lying on the floor and a man sitting by a fireplace looking at her? It's been a real long time since I took this one out for a listen.

I find the Coltrane/Johnny Hartman album pretty sleep inducing, actually.

Well, yeah. Sleep after sex is not uncommon.

touche!!!

just have to chime in that, unfortunately, mr. bey bores me too, although he has a nice-sounding voice. i just don't like how he uses it. shirley horn, however, could never bore me. neither could johnny hartman.

I find the Coltrane/Johnny Hartman album pretty sleep inducing, actually.

Well, yeah. Sleep after sex is not uncommon.

touche!!!

just have to chime in that, unfortunately, mr. bey bores me too, although he has a nice-sounding voice. i just don't like how he uses it. shirley horn, however, could never bore me. neither could johnny hartman.

"nice-sounding voice"?? That's the best you can say of him?

Before anyone passes final judgment on Andy, I suggest they check out Gary Bartz' "Harlem Bush Music" albums (now on 1 CD). A totally different experience.