BFT36 Signup

tooter

A substantial amount of BFT35 discussion already so I'd better get going with the recruitment drive for BFT36. Here is your chance to climb aboard the bandwagon.

Please send me a PM if you would like to be included. There will be just one CD consisting of 16 tracks, 79 minutes in all. The theme is clear from the cover herewith, which I would like to say is all my own work but it isn't. It was created, despite serious illness, by my best friend Jazzman4133 who is not only a genius at this kind of thing but the best friend anyone could have.

Here is the list of those who are signed up.

King Ubu - received

MartyJazz - received

mikeweil - received

Red - received

sidewinder - received

Stereojack - received

Bright Moments - received

Tjobbe - received

Stefan Wood

Dutchmanx - received

Steven - received

couw - received

marcoliv

brad - received

durium - received

wordsandsounds - received

naos - being sent on-line

Edited by tooter

This reminds me to finally decide on one of the two BFTs I conceived as I am next in line - thanks again for switching, as it turned out I was and will be on the road for most of April.

Please sign me up - PM sent.

p.s. very nice appetizing cover!

Edited by mikeweil

This reminds me to finally decide on one of the two BFTs I conceived as I am next in line - thanks again for switching, as it turned out I was and will be on the road for most of April.

Please sign me up - PM sent.

p.s. very nice appetizing cover!

Duly signed up! Comment on cover passed on - thanks.

Hi Tooter - I'd like to partake, many thanks. Like the cover art ! :tup

PS - did you get my message about the Ronnie Ross LP finding?

Okay, you're in, Sidewinder. Yes, I did get your email about Ronnie Ross LP and replied. Apparently you didn't get it so will send the same to you as a PM now.

Comments about cover are being passed on - thanks for them.

It's not too late to sign up for BFT36 - I'm hoping for rather more than the eleven who have come forward so far. Although each track contains a baritone solo, it is not all baritone by any means, so don't be put off if you happen not to like the instrument. How many can there be who fall into that category?

Aiming to start discussion as soon after the 1st May as possible, subject to the vagaries of the mail of course. Burning is being done right now. I will begin mailing early next week, with a slight stagger in favour of more distant places. It's still not too late to join in - just send me a PM - but make it soon. :P:P:P:P

All CD's, except two UK based, mailed this morning and those two will be on the way later in the week. So with luck everyone will have theirs by next Monday, May 1. Let me know if there's any problems - packing is only light to reduce costs but I can easily send replacements if necessary. And let me know when they arrive if you can. BFT#35 answers are up so I should be able to start the discussion thread early next week. Right on schedule so far!

May 1 is a national holiday in Germany, so .......

Wonder why there are so few signups this time :huh:

Do you mean it's a good day to start, Mike? Plenty of time to listen and prepare comments? Public holiday here in the UK too.

Is this the smallest BFT yet, in terms of number signing up? Thirteen now. I only hope a lively discussion will make up for it.

Mine was here the day Jim almost fucked up the board ....... :P

I didn't know there were so many different jazz baritone saxophonists .................. :o ..................... :g

You're only joking I know, Mike, but I just made a list of twenty primary instrument baritone players from memory without breaking sweat, and all of them quite prominent too! And I can think of more now.

..... I just made a list of twenty primary instrument baritone players from memory without breaking sweat, and all of them quite prominent too! And I can think of more now.

You can post that list when we fail to identify any of those baritonists .....

..... I just made a list of twenty primary instrument baritone players from memory without breaking sweat, and all of them quite prominent too! And I can think of more now.

You can post that list when we fail to identify any of those baritonists .....

Think positive :g