Ike Quebec

Soul Stream

In case you haven't put this recording on in a while, do yourself a favor and do. If you're like me, you've forgetten what a gem it really is. What beauty.

If you do take a listen, I'd love to hear your thoughts afterwards.

For those who don't have it, I think it's OOP. Mine is a Conn., but it would be worth it to seek it out.

OK, maybe you CAN get too much Ike! ;)

Love all his stuff, but it's the jukebox sessions that get to me the most. I like to play that stuff for people who aren't sure if they like jazz - never fails to elicit a big smile and a "now THAT's good music, is THAT jazz?" exclamation.

Can somebody w/Photoshop or some other such make this work, if you get my drift? ;)

ike13.jpgike13x.jpg

Well, we don't have Photoshop, but the lovely and talented 12 year old Kristina Rae Sangrey has worked wonders with a few paint programs!

IQP.gifILikeIke2.gof.gif

She says she doesn't like jazz, but that's ok. Supposedly Reid Miles didn't either!

[Kristina talking here]

I hate it. X_X Gah...I made a smaller version, but he won't upload it. ><

ILikeIke.gif

So I did. ^^ I don't like the bigger one, really. I don't think i smeared it enough. But gimme a break. I'm 12. -Laughs.-

I don't like jazz...but hey; YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH IKE! XD No, I listen to it every day. -Points at her dad.- Courtesy of him. Lol, I get used to it.

~Kristina

Tony, she's 12.... Bon Chance!

How about a Quebec Select? This could include all his albums that were not in either of the earlier Mosaics. I only have the old CD version of Blue & Sentimental and the Conns of It Might As Well Be Spring and Soul Samba. Love all this stuff! What else was there? And are there more tracks where Ike guests other than the one on Grant Green's Born to be Blue and Sonny Clark's Leapin' and Lopin'?

ubu

• 3 weeks later...