Happy Birthday, Steven!

Thank you guys, I still accept your kind wishes !

Have a Belzebuth on me tonight! :party::party::party:

I've drunk an Eku 28 (an alcohol content of 11% !) :crazy:

eku.jpg

eku28.gifeku28-s.jpg

What about a Samichlaus, brown beer of 13,7 % from Switzerland (Hürlimann in Zurich, and also Austria I think) ? :g

Thanks again

Edited by Steven

Thank you guys, I still accept your kind wishes !

Have a Belzebuth on me tonight! :party::party::party:

I've drunk an Eku 28 (an alcohol content of 11% !) :crazy:

eku.jpg

eku28.gifeku28-s.jpg

What about a Samichlaus, brown beer of 13,7 % from Switzerland (Hürlimann in Zurich, and also Austria I think) ? :g

Thanks again

Never had an Eku, and never a Samichlaus, either... there's a tradition of brewing those seasonal/x-mas beers, but except for the excellent one done by St. Gall brewerey Schützengarten, I've never had any of those. Beer from Zurich usually sucks, badly - even (sad to say) the two or three new your breweries produce mediocre beer. The large ones are all Felschlösschen, which again is owned by that criminal against the world of beer, Heineken (lousiest beer that most people seem to drink without noticing!)

End of rant, let's open another one, that's more fun! :P

The Strongest Beers In The World

Beer strength varies by local custom. British ale tends to average 4.4% abv. Belgian beers tend to average 8% abv. The strength of the typical global pale lager is 5% abv. The yeast used for brewing beer normally cannot get the strength much beyond 12% abv; however, in the 1980s the Swiss brewery Hurlimann developed a yeast strain which could get as high as 14% for their Samichlaus beer. Since then breweries have experimented with using champagne yeasts, continually pushing up the strength. Samuel Adams reached 20% abv with Millennium. The strongest beer sold in Britain was Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout, a 21% abv stout which was available from UK Safeways in 2003. In Japan in 2005, the Hakusekikan Beer Restaurant sold an eisbock, strengthened through freezing, believed to be 28% abv. The beer that is considered to be the strongest yet made is Hair of the Dog's Dave - a 29% abv barley wine made in 1994.

-------------------------------------------------

The large ones are all Felschlösschen, which again is owned by that criminal against the world of beer, Heineken (lousiest beer that most people seem to drink without noticing!)

I agree completely with you...

Let's keep a Leffe in the refrigerator... :D !