lazaro vega in rare form

this guy is certainly no vega.

last night playing homage to clearly one of his heroes, sidney bechet, with lots of armstrong, earl hines, jack dejohnette, organissimo's wonderful pumpkin pie, fred anderson, and god knows what else.

thanks, lazaro, for another of your many topshelf UNFORGETTABLE shows.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Oh man, thanks for that, and to alocispepraluger102 for listening so regularly. There are very few who can catch most of our jazz programming because of the late hours and that you're able to just amazes me. Recording the web stream and listening back, that's just going so far.

Sorry I couldn't be in tonight for the follow up on Edmond Hall. Migrane. Hate these bastards. It's a sleep thing. This morning the door bell rang at 9 a.m. for a delivery; then everybody in the neighborhood was cutting their lawn because it stopped raining for the first time in 10 days; and the alarm went off at 11. By dinner time I was riding the migrane bus and almost headed it off with medicine, but no luck.

Hey Skid, Night Lights is coming to Blue Lake: Sunday nights at 10 p.m. starting June 1st.

Thanks for the thread. Hanging out in the woods all night with 5 hours of airtime and thousands of jazz records to fill it with -- nice work if you can get it.

Oh man, thanks for that, and to alocispepraluger102 for listening so regularly. There are very few who can catch most of our jazz programming because of the late hours and that you're able to just amazes me. Recording the web stream and listening back, that's just going so far.

Sorry I couldn't be in tonight for the follow up on Edmond Hall. Migrane. Hate these bastards. It's a sleep thing. This morning the door bell rang at 9 a.m. for a delivery; then everybody in the neighborhood was cutting their lawn because it stopped raining for the first time in 10 days; and the alarm went off at 11. By dinner time I was riding the migrane bus and almost headed it off with medicine, but no luck.

Hey Skid, Night Lights is coming to Blue Lake: Sunday nights at 10 p.m. starting June 1st.

Thanks for the thread. Hanging out in the woods all night with 5 hours of airtime and thousands of jazz records to fill it with -- nice work if you can get it.

You da man Lazaro.. :tup:tup .. As you know, I've been immensely enjoying your shows since 1983 ..

I've been in that studio along with trumpet player John Eckert. Lazaro had the most intelligent questions of any interviewer I've faced and knew the most about the music, by a long shot. That includes some knuckleheads I've sat across from and on some bigtime stations here in NY---which is supposed to be such a hip jazz town. He had me and my band over his house, took us out to sit by the beautiful lake, and showed me his music library in the basement.

I call Lazaro from time to time when he's on the air and he always has time to chat and ask how I am. He's the McCoy and I'm proud to call him my friend. I'm only sorry I can't get the live feed of his show off the web.

Edited by fasstrack

Randy the most-o: your calls from the road are always welcome. Last week's rant about Eric Alexander was especially fresh. You might join us tonight "Out On Blue Lake" for the Dave Rempis Percussion quartet (sax, bass and two drummers).

Joel, best of luck with your new album and compositions. That WAS great talking to you and John, espcially about John's time with Lee Konitz Nonet and that record he made with Jimmy Knepper on Soul Note. Sorry about the web. We need to have more than one option for listening, an MP3 capability would be good. Real Player is a very expensive proposition.

Edited by Lazaro Vega

Joel, best of luck with your new album and compositions. That WAS great talking to you and John, espcially about John's time with Lee Konitz Nonet and that record he made with Jimmy Knepper on Soul Note. Sorry about the web. We need to have more than one option for listening, an MP3 capability would be good. Real Player is a very expensive proposition.

Best to you always. I meant every word. We're lucky to have you. The jazz world needs disseminators (sp?) as much as music makers.

If I get some vacation time this summer and can afford it you may again see my crazy ass this summer.

this guy is certainly no vega.

last night playing homage to clearly one of his heroes, sidney bechet, with lots of armstrong, earl hines, jack dejohnette, organissimo's wonderful pumpkin pie, fred anderson, and god knows what else.

thanks, lazaro, for another of your many topshelf UNFORGETTABLE shows.

mckelle sings riddle, bird plays kern, ornette in new york, old and new dreams live playing happy house.

(back-to-back). such music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think of the Dave Rempis in Kalamazoo?

Back tonight. Yesterday Lesley and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Was fun looking back at photos of the wedding day: there's Randy playing drums, and Chuck as best man. Great day.

Edited by Lazaro Vega

What did you think of the Dave Rempis in Kalamazoo?

Back tonight. Yesterday Lesley and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Was fun looking back at photos of the wedding day: there's Randy playing drums, and Chuck as best man. Great day.

he's just the best damn reed man on the planet.

congrats, laz! those years go by much too fast. drink them in deeply. aloc

(Aric)?

va·le·ri·an ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-lîr-n)

n.

A plant of the genus Valeriana, especially V. officinalis, native to Eurasia and widely cultivated for its small, fragrant, white to pink or lavender flowers and for use in medicine.

The dried rhizomes of this plant, used medicinally as a sedative.

You know Organissimo is playing at Bell's in Kalamazoo tonight? That's the potion: Bell's beer.

(Aric)?

va·le·ri·an ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-lîr-n)

n.

A plant of the genus Valeriana, especially V. officinalis, native to Eurasia and widely cultivated for its small, fragrant, white to pink or lavender flowers and for use in medicine.

The dried rhizomes of this plant, used medicinally as a sedative.

You know Organissimo is playing at Bell's in Kalamazoo tonight? That's the potion: Bell's beer.

bell's stouts

Lazaro has made me hip to some pretty cool stuff. Thanks Bro!!!

g

he occasionally meanders into excessively wordy vocalists, but after all, he is a writer, and we forgive him that tiny pimple.

last night was a beautiful trip into my awesome beloved west coast 50's stuff with shorty, shanky, stanny, chetty, shelly, and clarey, brookmeyer, mulliganmeyer and dozens of others as orchestrated and played by the incomparable enduring bill holman.

hope you didnt miss it.....