Search function?

Д.Д.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim fixed this problem on the "classic board" but, the problem is back. I was searching for the other DVD thread(not the one on TV shows you own) and couldn't the easy way...this was the message...

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

: Jim changed the search function so you could search with 3 Characters...can you do it again Jim????

EDIT. I did find it, but it took awhile.

Edited by BERIGAN

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally getting some answers from Invision, although the answers don't really help at this point. They claim that we should be able to use quotes to find phrases. Obviously, that isn't working. I could switch back to manual searching, but the whole reason I switched to Full-Text searching is because all the searching was slowing down the board considerably.

As for searching for words with three characters, again you can't do that with Full-Text searching unless I went in and actually changed the code in mysql (which I don't know how to do), restarted the server, and then re-made all the Full-Text indexes in the database (which took over 10 hours last time... remember when the board was down for basically a whole day?)

I think if we/they/I can figure out why quotes are not working, that will solve most of the problems. Not being able to search for words with less than four characters can be worked around.