do u guys know about this Trane+Getz thing

is it true this is this only known rec. of getz and trane together. they do a ballad and then hackensack. they are with the Wynton Kelly Trio. My friend who IM-ed it 2 me said he heard getz was so nervous playing next to trane he pooed in his pants, but i dunno about that. is it true this isnt on cd. this is to historic to pass up!

I obtained this recording as a "vine" and because it was not indexed, i.e., the disc was practically one long track consisting of quite a few titles, I had it indexed by another collector as I did not know how to do this at that time. In any event, following a short 20 minute segment by what was the Miles Davis Quintet at that time without Miles, i.e., Trane, Wynton Kelly, PC and Jimmy Cobb, the group then performed a medley during which Stan Getz appeared, and it is reported, so did Oscar Peterson. This medley is as follows with the featured players in parentheses:

Yesterdays (Chambers)/Autumn Leaves (Kelly)/What's New (Coltrane)/Moonlight in Vermont (Getz)/Rifftide, aka Hackensack (Coltrane & Getz).

The rest of the disc consists of a 40 minute set by Getz's quartet at that time.

The concert took place in Dusseldorf on March 28, 1960.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that is what I was offered, but was not interested. A lot of people have it, it seems.

I must apologize ... I do not seem to have mastered the art of searching this site very well, so I may be redundant in posting this video of Trane and Getz ... but it is well worth another look anyway ... Enjoy!

BTW, I interviewed Getz several times, and I doubt very much if playing with Coltrane would have made him "poop his pants"!

http://tostud2.free.fr/coltrane-and-getz.ram

I believe that is what I was offered, but was not interested. A lot of people have it, it seems.

I must apologize ... I do not seem to have mastered the art of searching this site very well, so I may be redundant in posting this video of Trane and Getz ... but it is well worth another look anyway ... Enjoy!

BTW, I interviewed Getz several times, and I doubt very much if playing with Coltrane would have made him "poop his pants"!

http://tostud2.free.fr/coltrane-and-getz.ram

Thank you very much for that fantastic piece of footage..............