Sports: 2006 NFL Weekly Pool

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man you changed that game at the last freakin' minute

you must have changed that 10 minutes before the first kickoff

i see the edit now, you should have let someone know

i work on sundays so i figure 1 hour before the games begin all the picks are in

i'm out the door 1 hour before kickoffs on sunday with everyone's picks on a sheet of paper

you can be in charge of scoring / posting the games / checking everyone's games

and then on top of that a last sec change if you like

i say the same thing every time i post the results

Double Check Your Totals

Edited by Soulstation1

Guest the mommy

oh wait...you count our totals from one hour prior?

damn.

i have never checked before but i am indecisive so i usually deliberate and change one or two at the last minute. i don't think my picks one hour prior have ever been the same as one minute before.

i think anal conn seems to check everyones scores out since i remember one time he pointed out a scoring error on mine.

i wonder how many of my totals have been wrong....

heading into the MNF game

rough count, please double check

Akanalog wins this week

Akanalog and Ed both have NY Giants tonight

Akanalog 10 - 5 (missed Oak / St Louis / Phil / Seattle / Denver)

Edward 9 - 6

Allblues 7 - 8

Conn 7 - 8

SS1 7 - 8

No- JJJ-y 5 - 10

Please note that I chose Jacksonville to win tonight's game, and I have not edited my picks since Saturday (11/18).

Also, Akanalog/The Mommy is only 7-8, having incorrectly chosen Atlanta, Houston, Minnesota, Oakland, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Denver to win.

(I'm sorry, Akanalog/The Mommy.)

Guest the mommy

oh this is bogus.

i mean not that i ended up doing so crappy this weekend...but perhaps other weeks i ended up doing better than i was given credit for since i do this much changing every week. has anyone actually looked at my actual final picks? or i could have done much worse, i guess. there really hasn't been one week i haven't made last minute revisions.

i just assumed ss1 got it right every week and have not once checked his totals for my picks.

for all i know i didn't win the two weeks i was credited with winning but maybe i also didn't suck as bad other weeks.

so i guess i will be dropping out as there seems to be no chance that my actual score is my actual score.

good or bad-i just don't see how my current total can reflect my actual picks for each week.

i would be happy to throw in a few bucks at the end for the winner but please strike me from the record as far as my patricipation.

Akanalog, please do not be hasty and drop out now. Soulstation is an upstanding guy, and I assure you that he rarely makes mistakes; and when he does, it is nothing more - EVERYONE makes mistakes. Moreover, he is the reason why we have this fun little pool, and he has graciously volunteered his time to organize and run things for two years in a row.

i give up my title as scorer and such

anyone else is more than welcome to take over

thought everything was going smoothly (couple small mistakes) but i guess not

No, you were right, everything was going smoothly.

If you want me take over though, I will. The rule will then be that no one may change his/her picks later than 15 minutes before kickoff of the EARLIEST game played on a given day. For instance, if the earliest Sunday game kicks off at 10:00 a.m. (PST), you cannot change any games for that day (including the afternoon games) after 9:45 a.m. If you do make any edits after this point in time, you will forfeit all wins for that day.

As for games on successive days, you cannot change your picks until game day. So, for instance, you cannot change your pick for the Monday night game until Monday, and you cannot change this pick later than 15 minutes before tipoff. The reason for this rule is to allow me to tally the wins for Sunday, at my leisure, before retiring for the evening on Sunday.

It really is not as complicated as it sounds.

The rule will then be that no one may change his/her picks later than 15 minutes before kickoff of the EARLIEST game played on a given day. For instance, if the earliest Sunday game kicks off at 10:00 a.m. (PST), you cannot change any games for that day (including the afternoon games) after 9:45 a.m. If you do make any edits after this point in time, you will forfeit all wins for that day.

As for games on successive days, you cannot change your picks until game day. So, for instance, you cannot change your pick for the Monday night game until Monday, and you cannot change this pick later than 15 minutes before tipoff. The reason for this rule is to allow me to tally the wins for Sunday, at my leisure, before retiring for the evening on Sunday.

It really is not as complicated as it sounds.

Agreed, I think this will minimize confusion. If SS1 is stepping down as scorekeeper, then I think Edward will be a great replacement.

Aggie87, you should have joined us. With such a topsy-turvy season, your guesses are as good as mine.

Seattle (MNF 35 total points)

Edward, I picked 35 points and posted a few hours before you did on Wednesday. I changed my tiebreaker to 38.

Oops! I'm sorry - I wasn't paying attention. By all means if you want 35, Allblues, please keep it. I will change my points total to 34.

Edited by Edward