Sports: NBA 2006-2007

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, getting rid of Nazr. Honestly, I don't think he has been given enough playing time to see what he can do. That's partly his fault (getting into foul trouble early) and partly Saunders fault (not running many plays for him). The Pistons are basically a jump-shooting team now, which is incredibly frustrating to watch when you have someone like Sheed, who nobody can touch down low.

Stons lose again. Only the losses away from matching last years total.

No way Dyess is dealt. Im fine with Nazr and Dale, as obviously Joe and Flip are regretting the nazr deal, and with C-Webb and Maxiell needing mintues, there isnt much need for either. Marko is pretty useless, but they are finding out the hard way what its like to not have any point guard.

I don't know what kind of crack the Pacers were on, but this looks like a great deal for the Warriors! Dunleavy and Murphy gone in one fell swoop!!!

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers traded Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday for forwards Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy as part of an eight-player deal designed to shake up two struggling teams.

The Pacers also sent guard Sarunas Jasikevicius and forward Josh Powell to the Warriors, who gave up forward Ike Diogu and guard Keith McLeod.

"We feel we made a pretty significant trade for the franchise that will be good for both teams," Pacers president Larry Bird said in the statement. "We feel the players we got will make a significant difference in the franchise."

Murphy, Dunleavy and Diogu had been reduced to high-priced backups for failing to measure up to new coach Don Nelson's expectations this season, while Jackson was dogged by legal troubles in Indiana.

Guy

I don't know what kind of crack the Pacers were on, but this looks like a great deal for the Warriors! Dunleavy and Murphy gone in one fell swoop!!!

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers traded Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday for forwards Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy as part of an eight-player deal designed to shake up two struggling teams.

The Pacers also sent guard Sarunas Jasikevicius and forward Josh Powell to the Warriors, who gave up forward Ike Diogu and guard Keith McLeod.

"We feel we made a pretty significant trade for the franchise that will be good for both teams," Pacers president Larry Bird said in the statement. "We feel the players we got will make a significant difference in the franchise."

Murphy, Dunleavy and Diogu had been reduced to high-priced backups for failing to measure up to new coach Don Nelson's expectations this season, while Jackson was dogged by legal troubles in Indiana.

Guy

Time will tell. Murphy and Dunleavy may have been getting stale with the Warriors, but they're both good players with plenty of basketball left in them. They could do very well with the Pacers. Diogu wasn't showing much promise, but watch- he'll become an all-star in a few years ^_^ (after all, the Warriors have a long history of letting go of players who go on to become major stars). McLeod, whatever- I don't see him ever being a big factor anyway.

The guys coming west look like they will have an impact pretty quickly (Harrington has been a Warrior-killer in the games I've seen, so I'm glad he'll be wearing our uniform). What we may have lost in this deal is a bit of rebounding... but then again, with a scenery change, players can improve in some areas. Hopefully our FT% will go up as a result of this. :rolleyes:

Stephen Jackson is a complete cancer. The pacers were willing to do anything to unload him.

Definitely interesting trade. I dont see either team really getting better, but you never know.

Stons lose. Again.

Darko did record his first career double-double the over night. Gonna be a baller!

Edited by md655321

Time will tell. Murphy and Dunleavy may have been getting stale with the Warriors, but they're both good players with plenty of basketball left in them.

I disagree about them being good players.

>News: Coach Nelson had some choice words after Mike Dunleavy's big game

>Monday against the Mike Dunleavy Sr.-coached Clippers

>Impact: "He must have wanted to impress his father," Nelson said. "I wish

>he was trying to impress me the last 40 games."

Guy

Edited by Guy

Isn't Carmelo still suspended?

Biggest problem with Troy Murphy is he's too slow to guard anyone. I like what he can do on offense, but it isn't enough to make up for what he can't do on the other end of the court. The Warriors fans I know hate "Dunlady," they say he's terribly inconsistent.

Isn't Carmelo still suspended?

Biggest problem with Troy Murphy is he's too slow to guard anyone. I like what he can do on offense, but it isn't enough to make up for what he can't do on the other end of the court.

What do you like about his offense? The best thing that can be said for it is that he shoots three pointers well by power forward standards. But he has no inside game.

The Warriors fans I know hate "Dunlady," they say he's terribly inconsistent.

That's an accurate assessment.

Neither of these guys completely sucks. But considering the ridiculous amount they're being paid, it's a miracle that the Warriors were able to get rid of both in one trade.

Next steps for Mullin:

1) trade Stephen Jackson

2) see if you can get big man talent or an expiring contract for Pietrus

Guy