Sports: NBA 2006-2007

Chicago plays Miami in the first round, I really like their chances of taking out the Heat, which lines up a Big Ben vs the Pistons 2nd round.

I like the Bulls' chances as well -- they are better than they were last year, and the Heat are worse. They should push to at least 7 games if not win it outright.

Guy

Edited by Guy

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a steady dose of Shaq and Wade might be too much for the young Bulls, but I hope I'm wrong.

The last three season, the only guy Shaq has lost too in the post season was Big Ben. Plus, the Bulls are maybe the only team young and athletic, and physical, enough to slow down Wade. As a Pistion fan, I sure hope they do.

You can make fun of predictions I made at the beginning of the season:

November 1st

The race for 1st place in the central is going to be tought this year -- Detroit, Chicago and Cleveland are all going to be really good. I think the ranking will be Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland. LeBron will get better but he needs a lot of help -- the rest of his team isn't good.
Edited by Guy

It hasn't happened since I was a sophomore in high school, but...

The Warriors are going to the playoffs!!!!!!!1111!!!!1!

(1's added for dramatic effect)

I cannot friggin believe it... if I could afford it I would fly to game 1 in Dallas. Bring on the Mavs (and hope we can win at least one game)!

Guy

p.s. While it's probably unseemly to gloat on such a wonderful occasion, I can't help but post the following:

When word arrived last month that he was being traded from Golden State after five seasons, Murphy was willing to exchange the Bay Area for the Heartland in a heartbeat.

"It's real cool," he said. "It's a great place to play, great arena, great fans. You can't beat knowledgeable basketball fans like these."

An opportunity that never knocked during Murphy's time in Golden State is almost certain to surface this spring. For the first time in his career, Murphy likely will experience playoff basketball, something the Warriors have not seen since 1994, the longest streak in the league. If the playoffs started Monday, the Pacers would be the No. 6 seed in the East.

It hasn't happened since I was a sophomore in high school...

If I said that, we'd be talking about 1971. :o

Bring on the Mavs (and hope we can win at least one game)!

I'm not so sure the Mavs aren't hoping they can win at least on game. I mean, we're the only team in the league they couldn't beat this year... and how much better are we since "the trade"? I tend to agree with Jim Barnett that Avery Johnson gave us that game last night because he wanted to see us get into the 7th spot and play Phoenix (for those who haven't been following this, if not for the Lakers' late run tonight against Sacto, we'd be playing the Suns in the 1st round).

I'm not predicting that the Warriors will advance, but I'm not exactly afraid of the Mavs either (and I really don't think Nellie is). If the Warriors can stay as hot as they've been over the last couple of weeks, it should be a great series.

I'm not predicting that the Warriors will advance, but I'm not exactly afraid of the Mavs either (and I really don't think Nellie is). If the Warriors can stay as hot as they've been over the last couple of weeks, it should be a great series.

I, for one, am predicting an upset. And I'm a Mavs fan.

A tribute to Isiah Thomas

April 19, 2007

Dear New York Knicks Fans:

Our season has come to an end. Unfortunately, it did not end as I had hoped it would. I was really looking forward to seeing us get swept in the first round, but this lofty goal of mine will have to wait another year.

Why We Didn't Make the Playoffs

Isiah "said he believes the Knicks are the best 33-49 team ever assembled." I'm not sure if that's accurate, but the Knicks are certainly the most expensive 33-49 team ever assembled.

When I asked Isiah why we didn't make the playoffs, he blamed it on our injuries and on the Eastern Conference being too tough. I have since asked Commissioner Stern to move us to the easier Western Conference next season and to investigate why we were the only team in the NBA with injuries.

Rewarding Isiah

I have also asked Commissioner Stern to end all future NBA regular seasons on March 11th. If this year's regular season had ended on March 11th, we would have made the playoffs. That is why I rewarded Isiah with a multi-year extension on March 12th. Some have argued that my decision was premature. But I believe you can never reward greatness too early. In keeping with this winning philosophy, I have decided that ...

THE TIME HAS COME TO RAISE ISIAH'S NUMBER TO THE RAFTERS !!!

An Invitation

On June 28, 2007, the same day the Chicago Bulls will use our lottery pick to draft a player better than Eddy Curry, Isiah's number will become the tenth number retired in our long and illustrious history. And YOU'RE INVITED to the ceremony!

Please Help Us Choose Isiah's Number

Isiah never played for the Knicks. So we're not sure what number to put on the back of his Knicks jersey. We have three options:

(a) .393, as in a ".393 winning percentage since December 22, 2003";

(b) 64, as in "64 games under .500 since December 22, 2003"; and

© 0, as in "0 playoff wins since December 22, 2003."

Please help us choose by voting in the Comments Section below...