Sports: NBA 2006-2007

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kobe suspended another game for hitting some dude in the face on his jumper's follow through

i've notice how he only does that shit to white boyzzz....

kobe is doing that shit on purpose

Remember what BELL did to Kobe in the playoffs last year. The white guys haven't hit back. BELL didn't let Kobe slide :lol::g

Alot of the "white guys" have been little guys too.

Edited by Tjazz

Ws snap the Mavs' streak and keep their slim playoff hopes alive. I wish we played this well against other teams.

Guy

Man, that was fun to watch. I was pissed when it was all over early, after we went up by 30. Obviously it's easier to do this with Baron on the floor, but we should be able to be more competetive when he's not available. Considering what we've done in the last 5 games, that Blazer loss really stings. At any rate, our schedule is probably too tough down the stretch now.

kobe suspended another game for hitting some dude in the face on his jumper's follow through

i've notice how he only does that shit to white boyzzz....

kobe is doing that shit on purpose

Remember what BELL did to Kobe in the playoffs last year. The white guys haven't hit back. BELL didn't let Kobe slide :lol::g

Alot of the "white guys" have been little guys too.

That punk Raja was just sore from Kobe torching him all over the floor. :P

still no respect here for the heat?!!!!!

:w

Nope! :g

If Wade makes it back and is immediately 100% you guys have a chance, otherwise I don't think the forecast is good.

As of now I have to think it's the Pistons out East and a dog fight out West between the Mavs, Suns, and Spurs. Should be a great playoffs!

Heat and O'Neal hitting stride at same time

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer

March 10, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal tapped a massive finger on the side of his shaved head, then explained the biology behind his recent resurgence.

Did it with a straight face, too.

"I'm on a mission. And I know the older I get, I may lose a step or two, but it's all up in the medulla oblongata," O'Neal said, using the medical term for the base of one's brain. "I've got a lot up there. I've got a lot of knowledge ... in this medulla oblongata."

He might be on to something.

Part of the medulla oblongata's job is controlling breathing, and thanks largely to O'Neal's play of late, the defending NBA champion Miami Heat are doing that a bit easier.

O'Neal has averaged 24.8 points and 10.4 rebounds on nearly 68 percent shooting during Miami's current five-game winning streak, including a season-best 32 points Friday in a 105-91 Heat win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. It's all part of a dramatic turnaround by Miami, which was in danger of not making the playoffs a couple of weeks ago and now -- even without injured guard Dwyane Wade -- is chasing home-court advantage.

"He was aggressive. He was explosive. He was dominant," Minnesota forward Kevin Garnett said after his Timberwolves simply couldn't stop O'Neal on Friday, when Miami won its 11th straight at home and moved closer to Washington in the Southeast Division race.

O'Neal missed all but 13 games before the All-Star break while recovering from surgery to repair torn knee cartilage, and his pre-break numbers were dismal: 13.5 points, 5.9 rebounds, 52.1 percent shooting.

Simply put, Shaq looked old.

Now, he's like the Shaq of old.

He's scored 56 points in the last two games, the first time that's happened since March 4-6, 2006. His 15 first-quarter points Friday were his most in a period since April 2005. His footwork is better, keeping him out of foul trouble, and he's controlling games by finding open shooters when opponents double-team him.

"Shaq's leadership right now is at an all-time high," Heat forward Antoine Walker said. "He wants the ball. He's demanding it, he's aggressive and when he gets double-teamed he passes it out and hits guys for open shots. We can't ask for any more than that."

When O'Neal came to Miami nearly three years ago, one of the first things he did was call Wade and tell him that the Heat was his team, an effort to defuse any power struggle before one could start.

With Wade being the go-to guy on offense since, the Heat made the Eastern Conference finals in 2005, then won last season's NBA title. But now with Wade out indefinitely because of a dislocated left shoulder, O'Neal finds himself back in the primary scorer role -- and clearly hasn't forgotten how to operate.

"I have all that in my game. It's just been dormant the last couple years," O'Neal said. "Wasn't really my role to be scoring a lot of points. But you ask me to do something, I'll do it. ... Our No. 1 guy's down and I'm just stepping my game up, because when I was down, he really stepped his game up and played well."

Wade, who is rehabbing the shoulder and will determine in the next couple of weeks if he can try to play again this season, said it is "very joyous" for him to see the Heat playing their best basketball of the year.

He credited many players -- singling out Walker, Eddie Jones, Jason Williams, Alonzo Mourning and James Posey -- but saved his highest praise for the Heat's biggest man.

"Shaq has really looked great," Wade said. "He's making the offense."

Heat coach Pat Riley said he expects upcoming opponents to begin changing the way they defend O'Neal; by putting two players around him at all times, someone on the Miami offensive end will invariably be open, almost creating a 4-on-3 scenario, which clearly benefits the Heat shooters.

"We have no problem with that," Walker said.

Neither would O'Neal.

He's repeatedly said stats no longer matter, and that his singular driving force -- "The way I look. My legacy," O'Neal said -- is more important than his line in the box score.

"Just winning," O'Neal said. "It's all about winning, winning games, winning championships, just winning."

Updated on Saturday, Mar 10, 2007 1:56 pm EST

Despite the Mavs record, they are beatable. I am not surprised the got beat by the Warriors... Davis is tough. Frankly, Detroit matches up really well with them and could beat them in a 7 game series.

Very unlikely...

Guy

And everyone thought the Mavs would roll over the Heat last year. Look at the match-ups between Detroit and Dallas. Both Tay and 'Sheed can give Dirk's offense hell. Billups can abuse Terry... in fact, Billups can post up against any point guard in the league and is basically unstoppable when he decides to be. The only one who can guard him is Baron Davis, who has a similar build and playing style. Billups has been struggling lately with his shot, which is why Detroit has had some loses, but he got it back on Sunday. We'll see if its still there tonight.

Rip is another one who is extremely difficult to guard for an entire game. He is constantly using screens, constantly running without the ball. I can't see anyone on the Mavs squad stopping him for an entire game, much less a 7 game series.

C-Webb has given the Pistons another 15-20 points a game, plus some of the rebounding that they lost with Big Ben.

The Mavs are a good team, but I do not think they are mentally tough yet. When they start to lose, they start to lose bad. If the Pistons can get under their skin (and I think they can), they will beat them in a 7 game series. I have no doubt.

The Mavs are a good team, but I do not think they are mentally tough yet. When they start to lose, they start to lose bad. If the Pistons can get under their skin (and I think they can), they will beat them in a 7 game series. I have no doubt.

The Pistons, IF they make it out of the east (a big if), will be fodder for whatever team comes out of the west. They're a good team, good enough to get a #6 seed out west.

Guy

The Pistons, IF they make it out of the east (a big if), will be fodder for whatever team comes out of the west. They're a good team, good enough to get a #6 seed out west.

Guy

right now Guy, you are probably right except for this;

if the Pistons (team) finally decides to play like they used to (know how to win) without Phillips messing up, they will be a real force to contend with.

Flip Saunders is the Pistons' weakest, most unproven link. They're still my pick to come out of the East and I don't think they'll be a pushover in the Finals. I'd like to see Chicago knock Detroit out, I'm a fan of all those great young players.

If Wade decides to pull another of his miracle comebacks, the Heat could repeat. Then again, I haven't watched Shaq's apparent resurgence. I didn't think they could win last year, so I'm not going to count them out again.

I wonder if Yao and TMac will make a push out West. I'd like to see them throw a wrench in Dallas or Phoenix' plans, or better yet San Antonio's.

The West might just beat each other up enough that the Eastern champ will be fresher in the Finals.

I wonder if Yao and TMac will make a push out West. I'd like to see them throw a wrench in Dallas or Phoenix' plans, or better yet San Antonio's.

Houston will face Utah (probably) in the first round, Dallas in the 2nd round, and San Antonio or Phoenix in the conference finals. Hey, if they can make it past that gauntlet, more power to them.

Guy