NFL chat thread

I think the Colts are in for a rough year. The Super Bowl loser usually seems to have a disappointing season the year after, and Peyton Manning put everything into last season's performance. He had another good game, but lost anyway. I found it difficult to judge the Patriots during preseason. They have so many young players that it could go either way. They are young and athletic. Could lead to a lot of inexperienced losses, or it could lead to a terrific season. If we judge by the first game, then things look awfully promising.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate first weeks; the results only give clues. For example, are the 49ers that much worse than I thought, or are the Seahawks that much better? Hard to tell with just the one game.

Nah.

Alex Smith is just that bad. Niners aren't going anywhere with him as their QB.

WOW

did anybody just see that one handed catch by Randy Moss, on the run, for a touchdown??

BruceW :party::party::party::g:g:g Wow

I guess Randy Moss just made Reivis or what's his name shut his mouth. Man, that catch made me jump up and scream. It makes watching Sunday NFL football worth while because we get to see the replays and slow motion in addition. Wow man, wow

BruceW

p.s. I knew there was a reason why I was still breathing air in the morning when I wake up. WOW :bwallace2:

From what I saw in the highlights, the Dallas secondary is not very good at all.

Eagles should stay with Vick for now. Seems like a no-brainer.

Sanchez really impressed today for the Jets.

Nice to see Gradkowski do well for Oakland.

Favre: three picks and a fumble. That was the only game I really saw much of today. Miami was more physical on both sides of the ball. Surprising.

Yeah, I think I'll quietly step off of the Favre bandwagon at this point.

I guess Favre said something after the game to the effect that, 'we're not meshing as quickly as last year's squad.'

Naturally, the reaction to that sort of comment is: Maybe training camp would have helped?

Without Rice, the receiving corps is not what it was. They get the Lions next Sunday. If they drop that game, the Viking ship will officially have run aground.

Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Da Bears, Packers, Dolphins, Texans and Steelers (with their 4th-string QB) are all 2-0.

Vikings and Cowboys are there with the likes of Cleveland and Detroit at 0-2, with the 49ers in real danger of joining that group tonight.

Detroit has been playing their asses off, even at 0-2, they still impress me more than the Cowboys or Vikings.

That opening group of teams that are 2-0, they play together, they LOOK like football teams. The 'Boys are a collection of overpaid star power with no focus.

Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Da Bears, Packers, Dolphins, Texans and Steelers (with their 4th-string QB) are all 2-0.

Vikings and Cowboys are there with the likes of Cleveland and Detroit at 0-2, with the 49ers in real danger of joining that group tonight.

Detroit has been playing their asses off, even at 0-2, they still impress me more than the Cowboys or Vikings.

That opening group of teams that are 2-0, they play together, they LOOK like football teams. The 'Boys are a collection of overpaid star power with no focus.

You're right, which makes next Sunday real interesting for the Vikes. If they lose that one to the Lions and find themselves sitting at 0-3 with a bye week the following week ... yeesh.

I think a whole lot of folks would love to see the Jerryworld Cowboys go down. The Texans, otoh, look like they'll be a fun team to watch, and could make some real noise in that division. But seems that the Colts showed that they're not quite ready to fade away just yet.