NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bengals still at it

chris henry failed a drug test and other player slapped his lady around

:tdown

Well that ended up being a false report, he didn't fail the drug test...in fact he passed a second one as well. This is what scares me about the combination of tougher behavioral policy...and increased media scrutiny on players/teams/coaches. We're going to hear more and more false allegations.

Patriot backup DE, Maquise Hill is missing in a Louisiana lake after a jet ski accident. Doesn't look good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2884762

Hill was a disappointment on the field, and looked like a second round "bust," but if he's dead, he goes out a hero. He helped keep his partner calm even after they drifted away from each other.

I hope he somehow survives. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Pats are gonna be freakin' awesome this season. They really have a dynamic group of receives that can literally do it all, and if last year was any indication, Maroney will end up being one of the most effective backs in the league if he stays healthy. Their defense, while not great, should be solid enough to hold opponents below the ridiculous amounts of points the Pats should be putting up. Assuming everyone stays healthy, I'm guessing they'll be the top team in the league.

The defence is pretty good too. I believe they were #2 in the entire league last year in yielding the fewest points. The defensive front line of Seymour, Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork is amongst the best in the league. Backup lineman Jarvis Green would likely be a starter on several clubs. The linebacker corps is somewhat aged, with Teddy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Roosevelt Colvin and Adalius Thomas, but the addition of Thomas is a huge boost. Junior Seau has re-signed with the club. He's another aged linebacker.

Secondary is deep and solid if not spectatucular. Asante Samuel is a holdout and we don't know what will happen there. Rodney Harrison is terrific but he's also 34 years old. Preseason camp reports have been glowing about Rodney. Eugene Wilson is okay as a Free Safety; Ellis HObbs shows a lot of promise at corner. We've also got veterans Chad Scott and Torey James as backups. Then there's Randall Gay, who started in the Superbowl a couple years back but was on injured reserve over the last couple of seasons.

There are some questions, but it's a pretty good defence.

Looks like the offense will be piling up lots of points, so the defence can focus on pass rushing and sacks and interceptions. It will be fun to play defence for a team like that.

I have a good feeling about Moss on the Pats. Preliminary reports say he's doing really well at the workouts, and seems happy. Someone on the team (forgot who) said that he's running just like he did when he was on the Vikings. He probably knows that is gonna be his last chance to do something great, so I think he's gonna come to play. The thought of Moss, Stolworth and Welker all out there has to frighten every defense they come across.

Moss is the big name, but the guy who will get all the catches will be Wes Welker, the "slot" receiver. He's had the most impressive camp of all.

Don't know how much Moss has left in the tank, but we'll have him for only one year. He's signed for 2007-08 only, so he'll be gone next year. Stallworth has at least a couple of years on his contract, though his pay jumps next year.

I'm really high on Welker. He will be the underneath thread along with TE Ben Watson and Dave Thomas. On paper, the offense looks incredible. Can't wait!

I don't get it. We're less than a month from minicamps and no one from the Browns has blown out an ACL yet. :o

No, but it's been a whole week without a PacMan Jones incident.

Oh wait, never mind. His posse fired shots at an Atlanta strip club last night....again.

I wonder if the Browns were going to sign Arrington...

LaVar Arrington Hospitalized After Motorcycle Crash

Prince George's Hospital Center confirms former Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington is hospitalized after crashing his motorcycle.

The hospital refused to release Arrington's condition, citing privacy laws. WTOP Radio reports he is in serious condition. Arrington reportedly crashed near Route 50 and the Beltway.

He played six games with the N.Y. Giants last season, before being released.

Arrington spent six seasons with the Redskins between 2000-2005.

Arrington was the second overall pick in the 2000 draft out of Penn State.

• 3 weeks later...

Jason Witten's mother accused of theft

ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (AP) -- The mother of Dallas Cowboys' tight end Jason Witten was arrested today in Elizabethton on charges of stealing about 55-hundred dollars from a bank account that was not hers.

Police said 48-year-old Kimberly Witten made 25 withdrawals from the Carter County Bank account of Marie McQueen beginning last November.

Investigators quoted Witten as saying she obtained McQueen's bank account information from a statement mistakenly delivered to her mailbox.

Witten was released from jail on her own recognizance pending a July 31st General Sessions court date on 25 counts of forgery and theft.

Jason Witten did not return a phone call seeking comment left with his agent, Jimmy Sexton of Memphis. Witten played collegiately at Tennessee.

PS - who writes "55-hundred dollars"??

...from this website:

Police say during an interview with investigators on Monday, July 2, Kimberly Witten gave a written statement admitting to the crime.

According to investigators, Kimberly Witten said she obtained McQueen's bank account information from a statement that was mistakenly delivered to her mailbox. Kimberly Witten said she had experienced financial difficulties and began withdrawing funds from McQueen's account.

That's sad, if she was having financial difficulties that severely, while her son is a multi-millionaire. Maybe they're estranged?