Will Davis Trio

michel1969

I think that it IS the Bill Davis from Detroit area that played with Howard Mc Ghee, because Bob Setlik from Carcityrecords on Detroit confirmed that to me. And Sue was a Detroit label. This record shows a beautiful cheese cake cover with a girl on the telephone, lying on a bed, and was the first issued by Sue on 1958. Sue was the label of Ray Bryant, Jimmy Mc Griff zmong other (more r'n'b soul oriented. Well it seems that i've answered to my own question.... But i'd like te get one copy of this one !!!!!!

• 1 year later...

I think that it IS the Bill Davis from Detroit area that played with Howard Mc Ghee, because Bob Setlik from Carcityrecords on Detroit confirmed that to me. And Sue was a Detroit label. This record shows a beautiful cheese cake cover with a girl on the telephone, lying on a bed, and was the first issued by Sue on 1958. Sue was the label of Ray Bryant, Jimmy Mc Griff zmong other (more r'n'b soul oriented. Well it seems that i've answered to my own question.... But i'd like te get one copy of this one !!!!!!

On the pricey side, but Dusty Groove does have this. I actually nearly picked it up but decided I had bought enough today.

Also Hank Jacobs, who made a good organ album ("So far away"), the Soul Sisters, Joe Thomas & Bill Elliott, some decent Baby Washington, and a GREAT Ernestine Anderson album, which I just HAD to play twice on the trot when I first got it - something I never do.

Lots of Sue stuff was reissued on Collectables; some has come out on Ace.

I didn't know Sue was a Detroit label. Its addresses in the fifties were 125 St, NY and Riverside Drive, NY.

MG

• 4 years later...