Happy birthday John Coltrane!

B. Goren.

I'm celebrating the day by attending An African Legacy: The 29th Annual John Coltrane Memorial Concert at Northeastern University in Boston. The JCMC began in 1977 and is said to be the oldest annual performance tribute to Coltrane. This year the JCMC ensemble will be joined by The Art of Black Dance and Music for a portrayal of the Black continuum from Africa through the Caribbean to the USA. For more information, visit www.centerforthearts.neu.edu.

• 11 months later...

Amen.

Birthday brodcast on WKCR until 12 pm esdt, then there's ball game. When that's over, the birthday broadcast resumes until 12 am.

This is a major holiday! :rlol

And again we celebrate St. Johns birthday. KCR is broadcasting all day, I haven't heard it yet. It seems like their server is easily overwhelmed. I'll catch it later...on the road...

Amen John. Thanks for everything.

I'm celebrating the day by attending An African Legacy: The 29th Annual John Coltrane Memorial Concert at Northeastern University in Boston. The JCMC began in 1977 and is said to be the oldest annual performance tribute to Coltrane. This year the JCMC ensemble will be joined by The Art of Black Dance and Music for a portrayal of the Black continuum from Africa through the Caribbean to the USA. For more information, visit www.centerforthearts.neu.edu.

Went to the 30th Annual John Coltrane Memorial Concert in Boston last night. In addition to the Boston-area musicians, several of whom have been participating in this event since the beginning, the Ravi Coltrane Quartet also played.

Guest Bill Barton

What a force for good. If you're looking for something good in the human condition you don't have to look any further than John Coltrane. I'll forever be chasing the Trane!!!!

Well said, indeed! A rich and deep legacy...

10702.jpg