organissimo is coming to DC-Twins on U street

mr jazz

I am planning to be there.

For the guys in the band: when you call Twins, they are always vague about the starting time. Sometimes they tell me 8, but they told the band 9!

Since it's a worknight, I need to know whether I should go home and get my car, or just use the subway.

Were you planning to hit around 8 or 9?

Let's make sure all of us forum members find each other - it's a small place.

Thanks,

Bertrand.

I am planning to be there.

For the guys in the band: when you call Twins, they are always vague about the starting time. Sometimes they tell me 8, but they told the band 9!

Since it's a worknight, I need to know whether I should go home and get my car, or just use the subway.

Were you planning to hit around 8 or 9?

Let's make sure all of us forum members find each other - it's a small place.

Thanks,

Bertrand.

Well, at this point I'm flexible early so I may get down there and grab a bite somewhere before the show. I strongly advise the subway (be sure to take the 13th street exit) as, unless you get there at 630 when rush hour parking restrictions end, finding a parking place can be tough. Twins is right at the subway entrance/exit.

If any DC area members are on the fence about attending the show tonight I suggest that you make definite plans to be there. I saw them here in Philly last night and they were cookin'- BIG TIME! Not to mention they are 3 of nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Oh and they will be selling cds too so bring some extra cash. :tup

If any DC area members are on the fence about attending the show tonight I suggest that you make definite plans to be there. I saw them here in Philly last night and they were cookin'- BIG TIME! Not to mention they are 3 of nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I second everything Chalupa said. Well, except the part about them being the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Although my dog seems to like them. :rolleyes:

I second everything Chalupa said. Well, except the part about them being the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Although my dog seems to like them. :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Your dog is still young and naive

:crazy:

I caught the first two sets (and was sitting along the sidewall by the air conditioner). As others have said, the band was really tight right from the gitgo. While the venue may have been challenging for getting "backfields in motion" so to speak, folks were smilin' and heads were bobbin'. I particularly enjoyed Pumpkin Pie, Smoking Section, Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington (so appropriate), Life Wish, and the new latin number (whatever that is).

Hey mr jazz, was that you calling out for Peaches to end set 2?

Hey Joe, is it easier to get in the zone when all the lights are on Jim and Randy, and you're set up in the shadows on the side?

I caught the first two sets (and was sitting along the sidewall by the air conditioner). As others have said, the band was really tight right from the gitgo. While the venue may have been challenging for getting "backfields in motion" so to speak, folks were smilin' and heads were bobbin'. I particularly enjoyed Pumpkin Pie, Smoking Section, Jimmy Smith Goes to Washington (so appropriate), Life Wish, and the new latin number (whatever that is).

Hey Joe, is it easier to get in the zone when all the lights are on Jim and Randy, and you're set up in the shadows on the side?

twas me indeed

Well I wasn't there by choice - that small stage with the baby grand piano afforded no other spot for me to set up! It was kind of weird actually; I felt like I was playing to the two tables at the front while ignoring the rest of the room, just because of the direction I was facing. Hopefully it didn't come across that way...

I was delighted to meet everyone who came out. Note to Johnny E: I think Randy has Weizen talked into attending your gig at Twins! We will be seeing you in Philly, but I wish we could be there for that, just to see what happens when matter meets anti-matter! :excited:;):g

Patrick, were you wearing the white dress shirt and sipping the martini? .... or the guy w/blue jacket wearing the specs? I think I was two tables over from you in the direction of the bar.

Well, as others have noted, it was an excellent show with lots of toe tapping action! That 'Jimmy Smith Goes to DC 'is really a fine tune!! We caught the first two sets and had a good time talking with the guys & all over at the bar. Finally got to meet Bertrand and Mr. jazz as well....too bad Stefan wasn't able to swing in. If things work out schedule wise, maybe I'll see a few of you folks over at Johnny E's gig next week! Randy thinks Johnny's dying to give me a big hug! icon10.gif

Patrick, were you wearing the white dress shirt and sipping the martini? .... or the guy w/blue jacket wearing the specs? I think I was two tables over from you in the direction of the bar.

Well, as others have noted, it was an excellent show with lots of toe tapping action! That 'Jimmy Smith Goes to DC 'is really a fine tune!! We caught the first two sets and had a good time talking with the guys & all over at the bar. Finally got to meet Bertrand and Mr. jazz as well....too bad Stefan wasn't able to swing in. If things work out schedule wise, maybe I'll see a few of you folks over at Johnny E's gig next week! Randy thinks Johnny's dying to give me a big hug! icon10.gif:cool:

I was the third guy at that table--not sipping the martini or wearing jacket and specs. I was drinking beer and wearing a fine-checked shirt. Guess I oughta work the room a bit between sets.

Thinking about Reptet on Tuesday.

If you go to the Twins website, you'll see a pic of Ron Blake and Christian McBride playing there. I emailed Ron to ask him about clubs in NYC a few months ago and told him we were playing Twins. He said, "That's a funky little joint. You'll dig it!" And we did. The twins who own the place are lovely (Kelly... I didn't catch the other's name unfortunately) and it's a nice little intimate room. Kelly said that's the first time they've had a real organ in there since they moved five years ago.

It was fun meeting all the board members! mrjazz was heckling us the whole time, but that's ok. ;) I was surprised to note that Weizen doesn't actually have horns coming out of his head. ;) If you met him on the street, you wouldn't even know he was a Republican. No smell of sulfer or anything. :D

No seriously, it was very nice to meet you, Rolf, in the flesh and hopefully when we come back to DC we can hang some more. Bertrand, you look exactly like I pictured and we appreciate you hanging until the bitter end. Patrick, thanks for coming and bringing friends! We like that!

We had some more people out that saw us on YouTube. That site is da bomb! :)

Tonight we're partying at Ron's. If you're in the area, PM me for his address. Be sure to wear loud shirts, goofy hats, and bring plenty of alcohol.

:D

What a fabulous gig! The band is really amazing. I was very glad to know that the people at Twins' really dug it as well. It was great meeting everyone in the flesh, so to speak.

The other twin is Maze (pronounced Ma-zee).

I cannot wait for Baltimore next week - just about the same distance from my house as Twins'.

I gotta run for now, but I'll post the set list later.

I plan to be at the reptet gig on Tuesday, if only to witness the meeting of weizy and Johnny E.!!!

Bertrand.

No lie - last night I dreamed I was there at the gig! Wish fulfillment?

Oddly I've had about 3 dreams of meeting and chatting with Organissimo band members. (Sorry Greg, I don't think you were in any of them :rolleyes: )

Someday, I'll catch you guys live.

:D

I am in those "other" dreams.

"you know what I mean...nudge..nudge...you know what I mean..."

:crazy:

The gig was fun and there were a few people there besides our board members who were obviously organ group devotees. :tup .. Nice people running the club too. Joseph, the guy with the dreds who set up the mic was very helpful at the end of the night assisting me in the repair of my hihat stand which required a hex key which he happened to have in his truck. :)