Boston record stores?

agriffith

stereo jack's should be your first stop. they're located across the river in cambridge at 1686 massachusetts ave. between harvard and porter squares.

nearby, there's planet records at 54B jfk street in harvard square.

in boston, there's looney tunes at 1106 boylston street (a block from mass ave.)

you might also consider stopping at one of the newbury comics locations. they feature new and used cds. use the store locator on their website: newbury stores

Edited by jazzshrink

you might also consider stopping at one of the newbury comics locations. they feature new and used cds. use the store locator on their website: newbury stores

Make sure you bring your earplugs if you plan on spending more than 3 minutes in a Newbury Comics. They blare the latest crap from Incubus or whoever all the time. Kids these days!

Third the recommendations for Jack's. I miss it!

Edited by Big Wheel

I lived in Beantown for many years and for a good chunk of my time there I would hit Stereo Jack’s once a week. I remember trudging through the snow from my day gig in Harvard Square salivating at the thought of what I’d find. I’d often end up walking out of there with an armload of LPs for under $50. “I can’t believe your prices!” I’d exclaim. “We’re a record store, not a museum. We price ’em to move.” And when I would indulge in the periodic requisite sacrifice to the Record Gods, I’d choose to plunk down the big bucks at Jack’s, as a thank you for all those incredible dollar LPs I’d accumulated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...