Silliest jazz album covers ever

The Mule

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, you guys are killin' me! I've put off reading this thread since my slow ass connection isn't keen on pics. Some thoughts:

1) Organ Fascination: I think my wife has this condition. (ba-dap BOOM chick!)

2) Doug Duke: Don't fuck with Doug Duke! The guy had this wacky, custom Hammond that had three Leslies, some crazy reverb effects on it and get this... it came rising up out of the floor! Hell yeah! My dad saw him in the Catskills back in the 60s and used to tell me about him. I found a CD re-issue of some of his stuff. It's pretty hip. He has.... oh shit... now I can't remember his name. You guys know... the trumpeter... mumbles... Anyway, they do some duo stuff together that's hip as hell.

3) The McDuff record Sangrey posted. I was going to post that baby. In fact, I think I once did on the BNBB. One of my favorite organ record covers... ditto for the Houston Person. Dig it, baby!

4) Clarence Wheeler. Them dudes were BAD! Funky, greazy, dirty organ!!! Hell yeah!

5) Wet Dreams - This ranks right up there in the category of "Someone Should've Known Better". Right along side of this:

1839202.gif

I wish I could've found a bigger picture. It's a children's cookbook entitled "Cooking With Pooh".

6) Heavenly Bodies - Anyone catch the shape of the "galaxy" immediately below our beautiful starchild?

Hope there's more than five people at the gig!

One can always hope... :winky: Actually, what I see is 2-5 girls dancing up front, and their boyfriends sitting in the back. :rolleyes:

About the "Eight Balls" cover; what is the symbology of the casket??? :blink:

Edit: Good catch on the heavenly vagina, Jim. :tup

Edited by Joe G