////for Mobley fans only////

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

in all the hullaballoo over the monk fiasco i forgot the following item from my Hank info. page-

ART BLAKEY AND THE JAZZ MESSENGERS: The Tonight Show; 3/6/56

Donald Byrd (trumpet)

Hank Mobley (tenor sax)

Horace Silver (piano)

Doug Watkins (bass)

Art Blakey (drums)

1. Doodlin'

2. Avila And Tequila

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-do you think NBC or CBS or whomever still possesses the kinescope or i guess possibly but not likely early 1 or 1.5 in" VTR tape, but whatever the inquiry is how many of you jazz experts have heard of this "listing" before.

--now i know most of you are sittin there, strokin' your beards sayin, oh here goes chewy on another one of his liberal far-fetched jazz soapboxes, but let me tell you, i know what the hell i'm talkin about. DB n Hank blowin' 'avila and tequlia'.

--if you guys really wanna strut your feathers, lets try to learn about the aformentioned item. it is just sitting there rotting on some shelf, prob. not even in an air-tempratured controlled vault, and here we all are just sitting here.

Doubt that NBC would have a kinescope, but I'm wondering what holdings are lying around Allen's estate. Pretty sure he collected at least some of his old work, and there might be some jazz treasures there that nobody's bothered to look for.

Somebody oughta get in touch w/Jayne Meadows before something maybe goes horribly wrong.

• 11 years later...

For all I may know about ''video'' where is possible to see Hank Mobley paper-design(*NO MUSIC,.!!)

is a North Europe(like Norway , Sweden or Danmark..) Tv-documentary that talks about many Us-jazzmen Touring in Europe concerts, jazz-festival.. Sorry, but Hank Mobley is only showed ''painted'' in a paper-page design,.!!,. I have had the opportunity to get/have in my collections ''this'' documentary,.

Have a nice day ., Ciao fabio.,.-

-