amazon.de sellers craziness

mikeweil

OJCs on Amazon have always been weird and pricy... even stranger is the fact that lots of titles are in print again right here in Switzerland and Germany, BUT Amazon just doesn't list them! (Check the other thread where I posted a link to a list of recent reissues of "Unversal OJCs".)

Please be so kind and post a link to that "other thread" - things are gettin' kind of intricate here ......

I was just looking for it myself... discussion of Concord related questions have been spread around too far (Misc, Reissues, New Releases...).

I found my way to that list by going to the Universal homepage > Universal Switzerland > Jazz > that leads to a German website which has that listing. And to my best knowledge, that list isn't even complete, as I've seen (and picked up) Universal ex-OJC titles that aren't in the list.

I've been buying many "obscure" OJCs from my wishlist during the past year, to avoid this thing.

Usually 3 CDs à $10 with free shipping to Europe at djangos.com . Many are now out of stock though (including "Olio")

Yes, but the notification feature is great - I got "Get Happy" that way, and many other semi-obscure things. You won't get stuff there that's very hard to find, but many, many things eventually turn up at Djangos!

I've been buying many "obscure" OJCs from my wishlist during the past year, to avoid this thing.

I would like to do that, but I bought so many last year during the Zweitausendeins sales .... :rolleyes:

at least some obscures from the wish list were among them, but most were not, but at 2 or 3 € a piece one would have a hard time to resist.

Edited by mikeweil

I would like to do that, but I bought so many last year during the Zweitausendeins sales .... :rolleyes:

at least some obscures from the wish list were among them, but most were not, but at 2 or 3 € a piece one would have a hard time to resist.

Same here... I still miss most of, say Teddy Edward's, Curtis Fuller's, Benny Golson's, Johnny Griffin's discs... and these lesser known names (as opposed to Duke, Basie, Peterson, Miles, Trane, Bill Evans, Monk) seem to be neglected so far in the new releases distributed by Universal :(

Same here... I still miss most of, say Teddy Edward's, Curtis Fuller's, Benny Golson's, Johnny Griffin's discs... and these lesser known names (as opposed to Duke, Basie, Peterson, Miles, Trane, Bill Evans, Monk) seem to be neglected so far in the new releases distributed by Universal :(

same here, the list actually got even longer, it feels, 200 CDs more or less don't really make a difference :) Yusef Lateef, Howard McGhee, Steve Lacy, just to write what comes to mind first...