Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

If Portland can turn Randolph into something, and is Seattle can turn Rashard into something,

Not sure what you mean by this statement. Both guys have been in the league for a while, they're known quantities.

Guy

Rashard in an unrestricted free agent, who becomes expendable as he basically doubles up many of Durant's strengths.

With LeMarcus Aldridge coming on strong at the end of last season, and with Oden on the way, Randolph and his massive contract arent really needed in Portland.

So in both situations I mean making a trade. Randolph to Chicago for their pick and/or some players would be a perfect situation for both teams.

Patrick, Seattle and Portland both have some very decent players already. If Portland's guys just show some natural progression I think they can be VERY good immediately. Its impossible to overstate how important a defensive big man is to a team. Oden in his first year can be top defensively. They have apass first PG, a complete stud in Brandon Roy, and several other guys (Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster) who can take the next step with all the pressure off them.

Durant will almost certainly score 20 a game next year, and will create a ton of matchup problems. Ray Allen will be Ray Allen, and Seattle has several other decent enough of guys to make them playoff contenders.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Portland can turn Randolph into something, and is Seattle can turn Rashard into something,

Not sure what you mean by this statement. Both guys have been in the league for a while, they're known quantities.

Guy

So in both situations I mean making a trade. Randolph to Chicago for their pick and/or some players would be a perfect situation for both teams.

OK, that makes perfect sense!

Guy

Guy

Rashard in an unrestricted free agent, who becomes expendable as he basically doubles up many of Durant's strengths.

With LeMarcus Aldridge coming on strong at the end of last season, and with Oden on the way, Randolph and his massive contract arent really needed in Portland.

Patrick, Seattle and Portland both have some very decent players already. If Portland's guys just show some natural progression I think they can be VERY good immediately. Its impossible to overstate how important a defensive big man is to a team. Oden in his first year can be top defensively. They have apass first PG, a complete stud in Brandon Roy, and several other guys (Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster) who can take the next step with all the pressure off them.

Durant will almost certainly score 20 a game next year, and will create a ton of matchup problems. Ray Allen will be Ray Allen, and Seattle has several other decent enough of guys to make them playoff contenders.

Randolph and his massive contract aren't needed??? He avg. 23 pts. and 10 rebounds a game this year. He's entering his prime now - going to turn 26 over the summer. No way do you trade away a player like that unless he's a major headache. And certaintly not for the 9th pick in the draft. The Bulls aren't going to offer anyone of comparable worth to the Blazers. Not saying that they don't have the talent. It's just that they are pretty close to making the finals right now. They need a little tweaking not a major overhaul, which what obtaining Randolph would entail. Something else that makes that trade less likely for the Blazers - Aldrige's career may be in jeopardy due to a heart ailment.

I agree w/ Patrick in that I don't see either Portland or Seattle making the playoffs next year. The West is too strong. I think Denver was the #8 seed this yeear. While I think both of these teams will be vastly improved, I don't think either of these teams are going to be better that the Nuggets next season. Ray Allen suffered a serious leg injury this season - who knows if he'll be able to regain his old form?

Randolph and his massive contract aren't needed??? He avg. 23 pts. and 10 rebounds a game this year. He's entering his prime now - going to turn 26 over the summer. No way do you trade away a player like that unless he's a major headache.

Which, if I am not mistaken, is the case. No doubt Zach is a tremendous offensive player, but the Blazers have had alot of problems with him over the year.

I just noticed too, Travis Outlaw averaged 18 points a game over the last month of the season. I think Portland is in the same position the bulls were a few years ago. SO many great young guys. just waiting to grow up. I think they can do it next year. Although, on second though, with Zach it would be much much easier.

Now that I think of it, a trade of Zach for Rashard would be perfect for both teams.

Edited by md655321

So far so good in Cavsland. Once again, is Coach Brown up to the challenge of making halftime adjustments, or dealing with Detroit's? C Webb had a few moments in the first half, but Z is making him look a bit old (while still missing a lot of his own shots). Can either of those guys jump?

Big guys on the bench should pay to play against Cleveland--first Dale Davis (not yet collecting social security) and now Maxiell. Nazr can't wait to be next...

I hate the tendency to not run an offense with time running down. LeBron forced and initiated the contact, that's why he didn't get the call. The refs aren't going to let the game be decided at the free throw line.

He didn't get the call because the refs hadn't been calling those types of plays all game long. Go back and look at Chauncey driving to the basket. He got the same kind of contact and no call. The refs were pretty much letting them play.

I have to say I'm amazed LeBron didn't get "star treatment" on that play.