Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another close, nerve-wracking, Eastern conference playoff game. Webber started out well (finished with 15) and Prince contributed on the offensive end (13 pts on 6/13 shooting after having gone 1/19 in the first two), but Rip (2/8, 7 pts) and Chauncey (4/14, 13 pts, 3 assists, 5 turnovers) had poor nights. For a moment it looked like Mr Big Shot would do just barely enough to win... again. Flip Murray and McDyess both contributed off the bench (8 pts each). Rasheed was solid.

Cavs finally shot well from the field (for the first time in ages), and Coach Brown elected to play rookie Daniel Gibson instead of returning to Larry Hughes (who actually hit his two shots). Gibson was pesky on the defensive end, knocked down a pair of threes, and was the only bench player that scored. I'm not sure I'm a believer in the "small" squad that had LeBron on the court with Gibson, Donyell Marshall, and Damon Jones all waiting outside to shoot threes (Donyell was brutal), but it seems to help free up lanes for LeBron to get to the rim. Flip Murray took advantage at the other end, but I thought Detroit would capitalize more on this. Gooden was decent (12 pts, 6 rebounds), but too much of a crybaby.

LeBron hit a couple of outside shots that had absolutely no business going in, got to the rim much more frequently than in the first two games, and was a rebound and a dish away from a triple-double. Hopefully he will place with similar aggressiveness in Game 4 (and those that follow).

Entertaining game between two defensively-minded teams.

Spurs show why they are a championship winning machine. The unstoppable juggernaut of boredom trudges on...

Those two technicals on Fisher were completely bogus. Instead, Ginobili should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Is Stephen Smith on drugs? WTF is wrong with that guy???

Guy

Those two technicals on Fisher were completely bogus. Instead, Ginobili should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

Guy

What did Ginobili do that is suspension worthy? I know nobody outside of Spurs fans likes him, but I didn't see him do anything to merit suspension, or even a T or an ejection.

I do agree the T's on Fisher were questionable though - the first bump should have just been a non-call. The second T was a hard foul or something, but still didn't seem like a T to me.

Not sure what Sloan said to get his ejection, so it's hard to say whether it was deserved or not.

Duncan had a poor game, Parker was just ok, and Ginobili was average (but did well from the line in the 4th). And they still won this one.

Guy

What did Ginobili do that is suspension worthy? I know nobody outside of Spurs fans likes him, but I didn't see him do anything to merit suspension, or even a T or an ejection.

Ginobili should be suspended for egregious flopping.

Not sure what Sloan said to get his ejection, so it's hard to say whether it was deserved or not.

Deserved.

Duncan had a poor game, Parker was just ok, and Ginobili was average (but did well from the line in the 4th). And they still won this one.

They definitely outplayed the Jazz -- their interior defense was stifling. If Boozer can't go to the basket, the Jazz have a hard time winning.

Guy

While most calls were made correctly, I'll confess to smiling during the "Javie sucks" chants. Looked like the Technical button was a little too easy to push, but as others have said, we don't know what was said by the recipients. Sloan must have used some choice vocab to get tossed after just one T.

Are Parker/Ginobli/Duncan really that boring? Methodical yes, but boring? Too much of a half-court game?

I enjoy watching the miserable, evil Spurs execute. Good basketball. Parker is one of the best point guards in the NBA, top five easily. Duncan is, hands down, the best post player in the league right now. Ginobili is crafty and fun to watch.

It will be interesting to see how well the Cavs do without Larry Hughes. As much of an overpaid underachiever as he is (...why is Michael Redd wearing a Bucks uniform?), he is one of the key reasons why Billups and Hamilton haven't lit it up (but for Hamilton in Game 1). I hope Gibson and Snow are up to the challenge of being pushed around by Chauncey for 48 minutes. Another solid game from rookie second round draft pick Gibson would be nice.

Noj, agree with you about the Spurs. I'd be interested in watching someone else, but mainly to get some variety. Boozer and Williams show promise, but it won't happen this year, and who fills the role of Ginobili on that team?

probs w/ pistons

1 flip can't make adjustments during a game

2 webber - dude's knees must be 84 YO

3 sheed should be pounding it inside and using his unstoppable baseline jumper. cavs have nobody to stop him

4 cut down on the turnovers and they have no outside shot now

5 more consistent play from rip and mr big shot

probs w/ pistons

1 flip can't make adjustments during a game

2 webber - dude's knees must be 84 YO

3 sheed should be pounding it inside and using his unstoppable baseline jumper. cavs have nobody to stop him

4 cut down on the turnovers and they have no outside shot now

5 more consistent play from rip and mr big shot

probs w/ cavs

1 aside from lebron, all their players suck

these nba refs suck

:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown

I didn't watch a lot of the game last night because the calls were driving me crazy. But I will say towards the end, when there was about 1 minute to go and the Pistons were only down by 4 points or so, Tayshaun got hacked really bad under the hoop (no call) and then on that loose ball Chauncey almost got his head taken off by Gibson (no call) and they call a foul on Rip. Weird stuff.

Pistons just need to stick to the gameplan and make shots. They're doing a decent job on LeBron. They will win the next one in Detroit.