NFL: 2007 NFL Draft

Methinks the Browns will go quarterback....either Quinn or Russell, whoever is still there at 3. Of course if both quarterbacks go in the first 2 picks (doubtful) then they'll have a cream crop of running backs, wide receivers and linemen to choose from. The Browns could use help in many areas, if it wasn't for the need at quarterback I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down to get more picks.

Rick Mirer was a pretty dominant force.

Players drafted after Tim Couch in 1999:

Donovan McNabb

Edgeriin James

Ricky Williams

Torry Holt

Champ Bailey

Daunte Culpepper

Oh, and LaDainian Tomlinson was drafter two picks after Gerard Warren.

I wonder whoe could put together the best team of complete first round busts, the Lions or the Browns. Speaking of the Lions, they will definitely take Calvin Johnson at no 2, and then try to trade him.

In 2001 Cincinnati drafted a couple picks behind the Browns each round, they came away with:

Justin Smith DE

Rudi Jonson RB

Chad Johnson WR

TJ Housmanzadeh WR

Clevlands best pick BY FAR? Quincy Morgan,

Bummer, SS.

Nothing will beat the Packers in 1989, picks 1-5:

Troy Aikman

Tony Madarich

Barry Sanders

Derrick Thomas

Deion Sanders

4 of the greatest players to ever play their positions, and the Packers get Mandarich. Us Pistons fans refer to it as 'their Darko draft'

Edited by md655321

the browns haven't had much luck in the draft since......

(SC)Tim_Couch_Photo.jpg

Couch is now the third string quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts.

P.S. Oops! Couch is not with the Argos. The Argos QB is another NFL bust named Eric Crouch, I think.

i think jarious jackson played for some team (probably arena league)

Jackson is now the third string QB for the British Columbia Lions.

Edited by GA Russell

Rumor that Oakland's trading the first pick to Cleveland. Cleveland would send Braylon Edwards to the Raiders in order to move from #3 to #1.

Also hearing rumors that Oakland is close to a deal with Brady Quinn, so I'm not sure if both of those things could happen or not at the same time. Maybe they deal the pick, the hope to sign Quinn @ #3, if he's still there.

Well, today's the day!!!! :crazy::excited: The one day of the year that my spousal unit basically tells me to get lost and leave her alone so that she can monitor the draft. Yep, she's sitting over there in a corner chair w/a cup of java, armed with a stack of paperwork/notes and reviewing some of her older files from 2005 :wub: .....ya know, chuckling at stuff that was written in advance by Dan Pompei at Sporting News who ranked top ten wide receivers Mike Williams and Troy Williamson #1 & #2 ---- neither of whom has amounted to a hill of beans.

....hmmmm, guess it's time to cut the lawn and catch up on some outside painting....maybe clean out the rabbit hutch and monitor a few eBay auctions as well.... :cool:

I think Cleveland's done well so far. Trading with Dallas allowed them to pick up Brady Quinn, who should have a chip on his shoulder for falling so low.

Dallas came out ok with that trade as well. They ended up getting Cleveland's 1st round pick next year, moving down to the second round, then moving back up and getting the guy they apparently wanted all along anyway, DE Anthony Spencer.

He's projected at OLB, opposite Demarcus Ware, so the Cowboys should have a pretty good pass rush this season.

I think Cleveland's done well so far. Trading with Dallas allowed them to pick up Brady Quinn, who should have a chip on his shoulder for falling so low.

Man, I really felt sorry for Quinn there for awhile. I thought it was very classy for them to allow him to move out of the camera spotlight (I thought they were going to keep milking it for the pathetic drama, which was getting to be a bit much). Anyway, he handled it very well.