Atlantic Blues box set

Stefan Wood

Yeah, got this email earlier today too. Not sure why they're doing something like this as a "limited edition" through Rhino Handmade. Higher price point I guess. :w

And do I need this if I already have the 8-disc Atlantic Rhythm & Blues box? I haven't had a chance to compare track lists yet.

I'm in the same boat. Not only with that 8CD box which I have, but the 6 individual CDs issued in the late 80s or so of people like Jimmy and Mama Yancey, Blind Willie McTell.

Rhino Handmade's website doesn't list the artists next to the song titles, and while I can guess most of them, it's more work than I care to invest trying to discern if there's anything new or rare here...

Yeah, got this email earlier today too. Not sure why they're doing something like this as a "limited edition" through Rhino Handmade. Higher price point I guess. :w

And do I need this if I already have the 8-disc Atlantic Rhythm & Blues box? I haven't had a chance to compare track lists yet.

Same questions here...

Ditto.

I imagine they are doing it as a limited edition because they think they will sell only about that many copies.

Since I think they have lots of the usual suspects among the tunes, they are probably right.

None of the song links worked for me from the site yet to confirm who the singers are. I think the site needs another day or two.

I think it would make more sense to issue individual CDs of those artists with enough material to fill one or two discs, and put all the miscellaneous stuff in the box. I, too have the R&B box and discs by T-Bone Walker and professor Longhair - so what?