Aug. & Sep. 2007 - US Blue Note RVG CD Reissues

Kevin Bresnahan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flight to Jordan is one my favorite Blue Notes.

Same here.

I feel the same way about Davis Cup.

I'm with you here. I've always found Davis Cup to be an amazing listen. I'm very much looking forward to the Baby Face and Thad Jones. On another note, I just stumbled across this site and I look forward to talking jazz with all of you :)

Hi!

AND ANOTHER FREDDIE ROACH FAN TOUCHES DOWN!!!!

MG

1. Tippin the Scales. As much as I love J. Mac., Tippin' is not that terrific. Now having said that, I'm glad I have it, but it's not worth reissuing. Now having said that, New Soil NEEDS to be RVG'd. And also FWIW, I LOVE the Japanese album cover of Tippin' The Scales!

Not sure I understand the logic unless you place a high premium on RVG's remastering. New Soil is widely available, Tippin' the Scales is not.

Guy

I think over time, at least to my ears, the RVG's have drastically improved. And yes, New Soil is widely available, but in terrible sound. Tippin' is nice enough, but I guess I'd rather hear New Soil in improved sound. Just my opinion.

Same here.

I'm with you here. I've always found Davis Cup to be an amazing listen. I'm very much looking forward to the Baby Face and Thad Jones. On another note, I just stumbled across this site and I look forward to talking jazz with all of you :)

Hi!

AND ANOTHER FREDDIE ROACH FAN TOUCHES DOWN!!!!

MG

Only the best! Thanks MG.

Same here.

Welcome aboard!