The NFL Page

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flaming Thumbtacks picked up Neil O'Donnell as an insurance policy for McNair this week. They shouldn't have a big problem with the Texans, but you never know in this league. If they win, they clinch a wild card spot. Then Steve could take the week off and anyone could QB for the Tampa game.

my super bowl pick

eagles vs ne

This seems to be the consensus Super Bowl pick right now, SS, so you're hardly going out on a limb.

Still, we applaud your willingness to make your prediction now.

I also believe it will be the Pats V. Eagles Superbowl. We actually beat the Eagles twice this season as we defeated them in a preseason game as well.

Right now the Eagles are playing great team ball; reminds me of...well...us! Their scary for that reason.

Right now, Minnesota is unloading on KC. The Chiefs look totally overrated right now. I wouldn't even rank them in the top four in the powerrankings right now.

The Flaming Thumbtacks picked up Neil O'Donnell as an insurance policy for McNair this week. They shouldn't have a big problem with the Texans, but you never know in this league. If they win, they clinch a wild card spot. Then Steve could take the week off and anyone could QB for the Tampa game.

Terrific move on the part of the Titans to pick up O'Donnell. I would really rest up Mcnair for the playoffs. He is simply too valuable to play hurt every week.

The Chiefs are a sham. They give away games and make mediocre opponents play better. It doesn't matter if they make it to the playoffs, they won't make it past the first round. You can't win the big one if the defense sucks and the offense sucks about half the time. I'm not so sure that Vermeil is the miracle worker people think he is.

I'd put my money on the Pats this year. They seem to want it a lot more.

BTW, I'm a Chiefs fan. Or at least I live in KC. I think I more enjoyed being a Browns fan when I lived in Ohio and before that a Bears (and Cubs!) fan while living in Chicago. I'm tired of being disappointed by the late season folds of the KC teams.

EDIT: This sums it up: "The Emperor has no clothes!"....that's what the smart teams have figured out.

Edited by Free For All

FFA, KC resident here also ... sadly, I concur 100%. That first half, along with the Denver game, were very painful/comical to watch. Plus people have figured out how to stop Dante Hall. Maybe playing the underdog will do them some good. Or maybe Big 12 basketball will be here before we know it ;)

Eric

Hey this is GB, Eric's kid. I agree. The Chiefs need more defensive help than TO needs a supsension! The offense isn't bad; they just shouldn't have to play catch up all the friggin' time! Ha, Ha. Now that I got that out of my system... :lol: I think that drafting Larry Johnson was a big mistake. He's screwed for assaulting his girlfriend and WHO NEEDS A RUNNING BACK LESS THAN THE CHIEFS???? They got Priest Holmes. Well g'bye.

Edited by Eric

I think if the Chiefs are to advance in the playoffs, they should do it the hard way, which is the scenario they're in the process of creating for themselves. Frankly, I think the Bears will win next week. The optimists (as well as the optomitrists :huh: ) in town are saying they'll do it when it matters, but I'm sorry, it matters NOW- going into the playoffs w/momentum is what it's all about- they peaked early and now they can't find their ass with both hands. They are in dire need of a major league gut-check and they need to earn every win from here on out. I'm sorry to say that I question whether they have the heart to do it. :angry:

Edit: Eric and son, I feel your pain!!!!!!!! :rmad::rmad::rmad:

Edited by Free For All

Did anyone just see the interview with Joe Namath during the second quarter of the Pats - Jets game? I was watching and wondering if something had happened to him? He was talking real s l o w. It appeared like he was recovering from a stroke. Then, right in the middle of praising Chad Pennington, he said to Suzy Kolber "I want to kiss you right now"! He was drunk! Smashed! High as a kite! :lol:

Edited by Jim Dye

Gotta agree with you fellahs in Kansas City. The Chiefs look terrible.

Vermeil is a great coach, but maybe he has spread too much love around the team. They need a good buttkicking. They built their winning record against a weak schedule. I think they are another year away from being a really good team.

Pats look tough as nails.

Indy is a monster on offense.

Those are the two best AFC teams. I don't think anyone else comes close.

I just heard on Sportscenter that there was a locker room scuffle between KC team members after the Minnesota loss. It sounds like KC has finally imploded. Stick a fork in 'em- they're done, baby. They've lost their confidence (what little was left).

I can't help but wonder who was pointing a finger- the offense and defense were equally impotent.

What a heartbreaking season, just like the Royals.............

Conn Series, maybe you have a point about the Chiefs being a year away. I think the Chiefs fans have attached a sense of urgency to this year, as there is some uncertainty around whether Vermeil is going to retire. But aside from that, we could definitely shore up the defense off season and our offensive guys are all in their prime.

I do think New England and Indy would make one hell of an AFC championship game though ...

Eric

how are the browns gonna stop lewis from gaining over 300 rushing yards?

the chiefs were exposed yesteday

i dig moss' fro yesterday. the best player when he wants to be.

on to the picks

lock

dolphins + 2 1/2 vs buff

rest

rams - 7 vs bengals

under 41 points in the sd/pitts game

over 44 points in the cards/ seahawks game

eagles - 7 vs san fran

browns pick

upset special

+3 vs baltimore

sunday night

over 48 points in the broncos/colts game

monday night

pack - 5 1/2 vs faiders

ss1

I just heard on Sportscenter that there was a locker room scuffle between KC team members after the Minnesota loss. It sounds like KC has finally imploded. Stick a fork in 'em- they're done, baby. They've lost their confidence (what little was left).

If this news is true then it's not very good.

Thinking back, we wonder about how many games Dante Hall saved for the Chiefs over this season. He certainly won the first Denver game and also the game against the Steelers early in the season. Combine that with a weak schedule and we see perhaps an 8-6 or 9-5 team at best. They're better than average for sure, but they are not an elite team. It's being proven right now. Give them another year and things could change dramatically. A year in the NFL makes all the dilfference in the world.

Conn Series, maybe you have a point about the Chiefs being a year away. I think the Chiefs fans have attached a sense of urgency to this year, as there is some uncertainty around whether Vermeil is going to retire. But aside from that, we could definitely shore up the defense off season and our offensive guys are all in their prime.

I do think New England and Indy would make one hell of an AFC championship game though ...

Eric

I agree Eric.

Boy, I'm afraid of Indy though. They can put points on the board so fast. Fortunately, their defense is average.

I'd feel pretty good if Foxboro is full of snow when they come into town. :)