August 2007 RVGs

mgraham333

sold my Chambers Mosaic Select so I'll just buy what I think are the best 2 albums from that set: Whims of Chambers and Bass on Top, pass on the Morgan's cuz I have the Mosaic, and probably will check the others.

I don't have the Chambers select, but if the 'Paul Chambers Quintet' is included, that's just as fine as the other two Chambers albums! In fact, I give it a slight edge over Bass on Top, but Whims is still the fav out of the three.

It seems all of those will be released on September 14th in Germany (along with the last batch of Connoisseurs).

vielen dank! (by last batch of conns you mean most recent bunch, or? we have not yet learned that there won't be another...?

It seems all of those will be released on September 14th in Germany (along with the last batch of Connoisseurs).

vielen dank! (by last batch of conns you mean most recent bunch, or? we have not yet learned that there won't be another...?

Yeah, the one with Kenny Cox, Frank Foster, Jimmy Smith, Stanley Turrentine and Andrew Hill.

Plattenladen.com has all of them listed for less than 8 Euros (yes, even the Conns) - cool!

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-ordered the Davis and the Jordan. Strange to say, but I've never had (or heard) either of these dates in any format. Thanks for the heads-up.

You've got a treat in store.

Seriously. I bought Flight To Jordan on a recommendation from the BNBB. It's excellent as is Davis Cup. Now if they would just get around to Wahoo.... :ph34r:

Yeah, the one with Kenny Cox, Frank Foster, Jimmy Smith, Stanley Turrentine and Andrew Hill.

Plattenladen.com has all of them listed for less than 8 Euros (yes, even the Conns) - cool!

Just ordered all 5 at slightly over £5 each. Can't complain at that (free shipping from Germany too).

Edited by sidewinder

Pre-ordered the Davis and the Jordan. Strange to say, but I've never had (or heard) either of these dates in any format. Thanks for the heads-up.

What do you think?

I got the Duke Jordan and the Paul Chambers discs yesterday. They are both great imo. Dizzy Reece really blows on that Jordan disc. That's not to say that Stan the man was leaning against the wall in the corner.

Bass on Top was the last disc of PC's Bluenote output that I didn't have. I'd love to have them on vinyl, but until that happens, I can at least listen to them. I'm a big fan of Hank Jones and Kenny Burrell, so I thought it sounded great. Like someone else mentioned, I balked at the Mosaic Select since I had two of the cds already. Sometimes it pays to have a little patience. I really had to resist my temptations to buy the Select collection, but now I'm glad I waited.

• 3 weeks later...

these haven't hit the store yet here in Amsterdam...

RvG's are 6,99 euro's, btw, here in my favorite store, "Concerto"

JB

• 1 month later...