LF Bobo Stenson

LWayne

Do you mean cheap? They are readilya vailable through various online sources. The thing with ECM is they don't become cheap ever. They don't discount or that sort of things.

Unfortunately, what Bluerein says is true. The best deals I ever saw on new ECM CDs was when Amazon had select single ECM CDs on sale for just under $10.00 a while back. You might get lucky through a 3rd party seller on Amazon or on Half.com. I've got a copy of Stenson's "Reflections" I'd like to sell if you or anyone else is interested.

Edited by mikelz777

Do you mean cheap? They are readilya vailable through various online sources. The thing with ECM is they don't become cheap ever. They don't discount or that sort of things.

Unfortunately, what Bluerein says is true. The best deals I ever saw on new ECM CDs was when Amazon had select single ECM CDs on sale for just under $10.00 a while back. You might get lucky through a 3rd party seller on Amazon or on Half.com. I've got a copy of Stenson's "Reflections" I'd like to sell if you or anyone else is interested.

How much for the Reflections CD please mike, shipped to the UK?

I remember the year the Cubs had Sauer in left and the also near-immobile Ralph Kiner (acquired from the Pirates) in right. The unfortunate centerfielder IIRC was Frankie Baumholtz, a decent ballplayer who probably shortened his career a good deal that year. Probably no centerfielder in the history of the majors had to try to cover more ground.

That was 1954, Kiner's next-to-last season. He'd been acquired by the Cubs in June 1953, in a 10-player trade, which led to Pirate GM Branch Rickey's immortal line (to Kiner, a hero in Pittsburgh): ""We finished last with you; we can finish last without you."

Sauer hit 41 home runs for the Cubs in '54 (a lot in that era), Kiner (I think) about 22.

Does all this mean we can't look forward to Bobo in the starting lineup?

Dang!

Bad trade all around, very unpopular in Pittsburgh (my hometown). Kiner had led the league in HR's seven years in a row, and Branch Rickey traded him for a package of nobodies because Rickey just had to get a player named Preston Ward in the trade, and Ward did zero. Joe Garagiola was also in that trade. A little before my time, but still buzzed about when I was old enough to follow baseball (1962 - so I missed Mazeroski's HR in the '60 world series).