The belated what did you get for Christmas, not related to jazz???

BERIGAN

Funny, I only got one cd this year(Tommy Dorsey Hep, Hit parade Rehearsals)...very strange compared to previous years where just about every gift was a jazz cd .... Lots of DVDs though. I did my searching early to save my Pa as much moola as possible, more gifts that way! ^_^:rolleyes: got vols. 3 and 4 of Futurama,($27 bucks total!) May West box set(4 bucks and a new set from an Amazon seller!!), Newish Jimmy Stewart box set from Universal($13.99) and the first season of the 80's Twilight Zone,($35 when ordered, now $57.99!) and a check! That should get me some jazz cds! :)

Oh, and I got my Dad several things I will enjoy(Hey, he asked for them!) like both box sets of Mr. Moto, and the first two volumes of Charlie Chan.(Loved that buy one, get one free sale from Deepdiscount.com!)

Edited by BERIGAN

Hmm, I thought that adult males do not get much beyond ties and t-shirts :rolleyes:

I received an Amazon gift certificate from work and used it to grab the above-mentioned Futurama Vols. 3 & 4. Among my other favorites was one of those coffee-table sized books on muscle cars (of course I have decided that I need one, in addition to a jukebox and pinball machine!)

Edited by Eric

Got the Film Noir box from Warner Bros, vol 4. Also, John Richardson's third volume on the bio of Picasso, which just came out, Michael Chabon's latest, a photography book, and a tripod for my digital Nikon camera. Yeah, I also took advantage of some crazy dvd sales in November - like Cecil B Demille's set for $10 on Amazon resellers.

The Mr Moto sets are great! I got both sets for my folks last year, and they love it.

Patricia Corwell's latest, Book Of The Dead and A.J. Jacobs' follow-up to his The Know It All, "The Year Of Living Biblically"

As well, my daughter gave me a beautiful silver bracelet with the inscription, "We can do no great things. Only small things with great love. Mother Thresa"

Other stuff too, mostly hockey related, [one of my passions], so a pretty good haul.;)

Edited by patricia

I received from my niece an Amazon gift certificate email (something I had never received before), which I spent via the Organissimo link. I bought a book that came out a couple of years ago but which I learned of only recently called The Canadian Football League - The Phoenix of Professional Sports Leagues.

I also got a book on the American Football League entitled Long Gone.

My nephew gave me a subscription to a magazine he likes called Culture Wars. My sister gave me (at my request) a subscription to a Catholic newspaper called The Wanderer.

And my aunt gave me a pair of cashmere socks from LL Bean! I have never heard of cashmere socks before, but that sounds as luxurious and decadent as you can get! :excited: I'm looking forward to wearing them soon.

How could I forget Leopard, the new Mac operating system. It was a gift from a jazz musician, but it does not directly relate to jazz, so I guess it qualifies. It was a great gift, BTW! The holographic box alone is a joy to behold. I highly recommend this Apple cat and its cage to anyone with a Mac that can handle it.

leopardbox.jpg

Leopardback.jpg

Possibly my most appreciated gift was a $30 gift card for Dunkin' Donuts. I love their old fashioned donuts and the coffee is good. Our local unit was closed but our daughter has one about 2 blocks away from her apartment. I plan on spending a bunch of time with her in Chicago over the next few months and will empty the card soon. :excited:

I got a nice bookshelf to alleviate the foot high piles of books that are under foot next to my side of the bed and those that crowd out the lamp and alarm clock on my nightstand. I was also happy to see Ken Burns' DVD documentary on Mark Twain. My wife ventured off the trodden path to give me a 3 DVD set of interviews of "the 40 most interesting people" from the old Merv Griffin Show. It's not something I would have chosen for myself but I think it should be pretty interesting. I also got 3 shirts which were welcome because I rarely buy clothes for myself. A couple of my in-laws gifted me with a nice backgammon board. I had lost my proper one years ago and was making due with a travel set where the little magnets were falling out of the game pieces.