crusaders lighthouse 1966

mesfen

Hard to believe, but almost all their PJ albums - studio and live - are available once again! (And most of ther "live" CD's have extra material.)
Yeah, but why hasn't PJ released LOOKIN' AHEAD, their second album and to my ears one of their absolute best?

I've been confused by PJ's choice of re-issues for a very long time! :angry:

Hard to believe, but almost all their PJ albums - studio and live - are available once again! (And most of ther "live" CD's have extra material.)
Yeah, but why hasn't PJ released LOOKIN' AHEAD, their second album and to my ears one of their absolute best?

Cali: That is in included on the Mosaic Box Set, along with Freedom Sound, Tough Talk, Heat Wave, Stretchin' Out, The Thing, Uh Huh, Powerhouse, Give Peace a Chance, and bonus material. So all that is left for single releases from this period (at least until the set sells out) are the live recordings.

Cali: That is in included on the Mosaic Box Set, along with Freedom Sound, Tough Talk, Heat Wave, Stretchin' Out, The Thing, Uh Huh, Powerhouse, Give Peace a Chance, and bonus material. So all that is left for single releases from this period (at least until the set sells out) are the live recordings.

Thanks.

Still it would be nice to buy my favorite recording by them without springing for the whole box. :)

The Mosaic is a big investment, but it's all there - and almost all of it (there was an issue of "Freedom Sound' earlier, and "Uh Huh" was on that Applause label) has never been out on CD. And almost all of the "live" stuff is in print. What's missing is a couple of cuts from that big band album, and the Les McCann session.

By the way, I do think they evolved some in their PJ years - there was a change of direction when Buster Williams joined the band.