musical(jazzical) tattoes? we are all hopeless fanatics.

• 1 year later...

i was doing a search of the board and came across this old thread. i don't know how i missed it, except maybe for the fact that it apparently garnered very little interest among board members. anyway, i thought i'd mention the fact that i have the black saint records logo tattooed on my back. i am soooo cool. ;)

what's "non-traditional" about a practice that is at least 5,000 years old? if you mean that tattoos are "unconventional" or "beyond the norm," consider this: a harris poll in 2003 revealed that 16% of people in the united states have at least one tattoo. at the same time, jazz records account for less than 2 percent of all cd sales. so i ask you, who is engaging in non-traditional behavior, people who get tattoos or people who buy jazz? of course, this means i'm a total freak because i do both. :P

I have a precise reproduction of the front and back cover of "Bitches Brew' tattooed on my chest; the front and back cover of "Big Fun" tattoed on my upper back; the front and back cover of "On The Corner" tattoed right under it; and the front and back cover of "Live Evil' tattooed around my left thigh.