Dodger Fan? You Won't Be After This!

Hi All,

I just saw this on the interwebz:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JW7q0JzWaoY

Hey, as bad a season as the Giants will have this year, they still won't be THIS bad! Gotta love Orel's slick moves!

(I'm not a Giants fan at all, but maybe I'll support them a little bit now that they've given Barroid the boot.)

Cheers,

Shane

Not that there's anything wrong with it, yada, yada, but ... you'd think a bunch of baseball players would realize that this was going to come off as the Village People. There's no getting around matching silk jackets and tight, white pants in an all-male group dance, is there?

Was that Ed Begley Jr getting out of the limo?!

Being in LA, the Dodgers always attract celebrities. And in 1986, they didn't come any bigger than Ed Begley, Jr. Unless you're Judge Reinhold. Or maybe Gary Coleman.

:g

"Bigger" and "Gary Coleman" in the same post?? Those go together like grannie panties and low cut jeans.

Was that Ed Begley Jr getting out of the limo?!

Being in LA, the Dodgers always attract celebrities. And in 1986, they didn't come any bigger than Ed Begley, Jr. Unless you're Judge Reinhold. Or maybe Gary Coleman.

:g

"Bigger" and "Gary Coleman" in the same post?? Those go together like grannie panties and low cut jeans.

Whachoo talkin' bout Willis? In 1986 I was huge!

It's makes me feel a little better about this.

Why? I just clawed my eyes out watching that. Not even the Dodger thing made me do that.

I think you may have a built in prejudice against the 86 Mets. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

I was prejudiced against the Mets 17 years before that. Figure that out if you will.

It's pretty telling about this sad sports "rivalry" that Giants fans have to dig up something this old for ammunition against the Dodgers. Both teams have stunk up the diamond for what seems like the entirety of my adult life. Now the Giants fans are lashing out in the wake of their hero Bonds being raked over the coals of the steroid scandal...

One would be hard-pressed to find a bigger nerd in the history of major league baseball than Orel Hershiser.

It's makes me feel a little better about this.

Why? I just clawed my eyes out watching that. Not even the Dodger thing made me do that.

I think you may have a built in prejudice against the 86 Mets. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

I was prejudiced against the Mets 17 years before that. Figure that out if you will.

OK I'll put that on my to-do list somewhere below learning Esperanto.

It's pretty telling about this sad sports "rivalry" that Giants fans have to dig up something this old for ammunition against the Dodgers. Both teams have stunk up the diamond for what seems like the entirety of my adult life. Now the Giants fans are lashing out in the wake of their hero Bonds being raked over the coals of the steroid scandal...

One would be hard-pressed to find a bigger nerd in the history of major league baseball than Orel Hershiser.

Jon,

Whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm no Giants fan, and don't forget I'm living right here in the good old City of Angels! And I despise Barry Bonds more than anyone else on the planet (no, seriously, I despise him even more than Dan does!). I just posted this because it's funny as hell... or should I say as DISTURBING as hell.

For the record, I'm a Braves fan... although I cheer for the Tigers as well (mostly because they drafted my father back in the day).

Cheers,

Shane

^ well it was the cocaine era.

what was the name of the lead off hitter for the Expos around this time when asked why he slid head first said he did so because the cocaine was in his back pocket.

Tim Raines, who debuted this year on the Hall of Fame ballot and if there is any justice, will ultimately make it in the next five or six years.

Hi All,

I just saw this on the interwebz:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JW7q0JzWaoY

Hey, as bad a season as the Giants will have this year, they still won't be THIS bad! Gotta love Orel's slick moves!

(I'm not a Giants fan at all, but maybe I'll support them a little bit now that they've given Barroid the boot.)

Cheers,

Shane

Made me want to hurl.

Glad to have you on board, Shane :g

Go Giants!