MLB 2008

The Yankees get crushed, the Rays are losing, and what do we have to show for it?

FUCKING NOTHING BECAUSE OF THAT SQUINTY EYED PIECE OF SHIT WHO CAN'T THROW A FUCKING STRIKE TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

Well he was cruisin' for 5 innings and then started throwing batting practice......i can't figure out Dice-K

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Yankees get crushed, the Rays are losing, and what do we have to show for it?

FUCKING NOTHING BECAUSE OF THAT SQUINTY EYED PIECE OF SHIT WHO CAN'T THROW A FUCKING STRIKE TO SAVE HIS LIFE.

Well he was cruisin' for 5 innings and then started throwing batting practice......i can't figure out Dice-K

Actually the first two innings were pretty bad and he was lucky (again) to have only given up one run. He is constantly poised over a precipice of disaster and it caught up with him today. These things even out in the end and when you walk 60 batters as a starter, you're going to be in deep doo-doo someday.

Their one hope tonight is that they almost always pound Lackey, particularly at Fenway (Remember the playoff game when you could practically read his lips saying "I hate this fucking place"). And I think the Jays have Doc Holloday going, so there's another chance we might have to slip back into first. And Rasner for the Yanks. None of the match ups are positive for our competition, so we need to take advantage.

Well the Sox weren't interested in Nady, of that I am quite sure. They've got their own fourth outfielder, his name is Brandon Moss. And I'm not sure who the "crown jewel" of the Red Sox system is (non-pitcher division) but I have no doubt that Theo doesn't think twice to refuse to deal him plus others for Nady and Marte.

Well, so far I may be a bit premature but Nady does not at all resemble a .330 hitter. Granted, he's facing pitchers he hasn't seen before, but I've yet to see him display smart pitch selection when swinging the bat (unlike Abreu who is rumored to be gone after this season in favor of the "X" man). The 0 for 7 against the Sox doesn't bother me so much as the fact that he did not hit one ball hard, and when he came to the plate in last night's game with the bases loaded and only one out, and had a hitter's count 2-0, he then swung at a high ball 3 fastball, popping up a lazy fly to short center, not deep enough to score the man at third. Time will tell, but so far, a bust when under the intense scrutiny engendered by a Yank-Red Sox series.

Hey, Nady hit a home run tonight, he's the next Babe Ruth!

or Shane Spencer?

I like how Steve Berthiaume says whenever he pitches, he feels like driving a spike thru his own head! :excited: I have never seen a guy who can walk leadoff hitters more often, and still get out of trouble. I just don't like watching him work. And it means an already too long Sox game will be an extra 20-30 minutes longer.

I also laughed a few weeks back when Kruk said he thinks Steve isn't really a Red Sox fan, he just likes to bitch all the time! :lol: Kruk just doesn't get that is how Sox fans are.

Goodspeak, give us an OF that can hit in return and he's yours. My guess is he's going for a player that will get us an OF who can hit.

Good luck with that.

Those OFs who can hit ain't going nowhere.

My figuring is if you guys hate Manny that much, unload his ass on SF. He's gone, you're happy.

Otherwise, I think the BoSox fans/front office/his agent need to STFU....or are full of shit. Or you are using him to get to the playoffs.

Either way, the BoSox are either myopic or moronic.

Always a pleasure trying to have a conversation with you.

Hey, don't get mad...none of this was directed at you.

sheesh

Well the Sox weren't interested in Nady, of that I am quite sure. They've got their own fourth outfielder, his name is Brandon Moss. And I'm not sure who the "crown jewel" of the Red Sox system is (non-pitcher division) but I have no doubt that Theo doesn't think twice to refuse to deal him plus others for Nady and Marte.

Well, so far I may be a bit premature but Nady does not at all resemble a .330 hitter. Granted, he's facing pitchers he hasn't seen before, but I've yet to see him display smart pitch selection when swinging the bat (unlike Abreu who is rumored to be gone after this season in favor of the "X" man). The 0 for 7 against the Sox doesn't bother me so much as the fact that he did not hit one ball hard, and when he came to the plate in last night's game with the bases loaded and only one out, and had a hitter's count 2-0, he then swung at a high ball 3 fastball, popping up a lazy fly to short center, not deep enough to score the man at third. Time will tell, but so far, a bust when under the intense scrutiny engendered by a Yank-Red Sox series.

Hey, Nady hit a home run tonight, he's the next Babe Ruth!

or Shane Spencer?

If Nady can do what Spencer did when called up(IIRC, Spencer hit about a dozen homers in a month), I'll take it!

Hey Dan,

At least you weren't no-hitted. Pedroia with a one out single in the 9th as I write.

Angels are tough and now they have Texeira.

We are a complete embarrassment right now. I haven't felt so ashamed about my team since the last "Massacre". We come home and lose two of three to New York and two straight to the Angels. Nothing less than horrifyingly pathetic.

And what the hell do I know about matchups? I said that we usually hit Lackey, he carries a no-hitter into the ninth. Doc Holliday is facing the Rays, turns out the Rays beat him regularly, and beat him again. At least the Yankees are losing and we aren't losing ground in the wild card.

As for Teixeira, it feels like that move the Sox made with Gagne last year - best team in the league making a trade that seemingly makes them potentially unbeatable. Of course, it turned out they were, with no help from Gagne. You'll see some major bidding war break out for Teix in the fall.

Best thing though is that the Cubs are crushing the Brewers with Zambrano sailing. With the Sox looking like crap, its time for me to just commit to the Cubs and forget the defending champions who look like shit.

By chance my mom was given four tickets to tonight's Dodger game against the Giants. Best seats I've ever had, about fifteen rows behind home plate just to the third base side. Three Dodger pitchers combined for a 2-0 shutout (Johnson, Park, Broxton). The second Dodger run was scored on a strange play, with newly acquired Casey Blake doubling down the third base line with James Loney on second, and Loney appeared to be thrown out at home. Apparently before the throw home the ball was "knocked out of play" which negated the out at home and resulted in the Dodgers runners advancing one base each.

Angels are tough and now they have Texeira.

As for Teixeira, it feels like that move the Sox made with Gagne last year - best team in the league making a trade that seemingly makes them potentially unbeatable. Of course, it turned out they were, with no help from Gagne. You'll see some major bidding war break out for Teix in the fall.

I would love nothing more than for the Halos to suffer a severe collapse. Not that I think that anyone else in the division could catch them anyway, but bad enough so that if th Rangers continue winning they might make it interesting. In a perfect world, the Rangers would catch fire the rest of the season as the Angels collapse.

Yeah, like that'll happen! :rolleyes:

Still, I'd settle for Tex going into such a horrific slump that his trade value plummets at year-end. Just like former Ranger Gagne. <_<

But there is no trade value - he's a free agent, and even if his stats go downhill, he'll be far and away the best hitter on the market this Fall. And the Yankees will have an opening if they let Giambi walk, the Red Sox will want him to replace Manny's bat (and how bad could Youk be in LF anyway? No worse than Manny, surely). Plus he's a Baltimore guy and that idiot owner will want to make a splash to get ticket sales climbing again and show that they've got some good youngsters and will add a superstar in his prime.

Or could he win a WS and decide to stay in Anaheim? They'd certainly like that, since the lineup is getting old, particularly Vladi who doesn't look like the superstar he was.

I would love nothing more than for the Halos to suffer a severe collapse. Not that I think that anyone else in the division could catch them anyway, but bad enough so that if th Rangers continue winning they might make it interesting. In a perfect world, the Rangers would catch fire the rest of the season as the Angels collapse.

Yeah, like that'll happen! :rolleyes:

Still, I'd settle for Tex going into such a horrific slump that his trade value plummets at year-end. Just like former Ranger Gagne. <_<

seems like Texeria is more trouble then he is worth. They were going to run away with the division regardless. However its a good trade since the Angels time is now. It seems that in the playoffs you need two long ball clutch hitters, two elite starters and a great bullpen. Depth in starting rotation, speed (of course being able to create runs certainly helps since your facing elite pitching), defense less so like the regular season.

Angels seem to be the favorites right now for a WS title.

Edited by WorldB3

Well, that breaks up, a little, the string of outs they've got at the bottom of the lineup. Pudge's OBP and SLG still suck, I believe. And how much is lost with Molina's arm on the bench? They may need to play Molina against the Angels, Rays and Sox just to keep the runners from stealing everything.

and what the hell is going on with the Marlins? Would they really trade Manny and pay his salary? And what do they get back? Of course its important to note that he is in the lineup today; if he comes out in the middle of the game then its likely they made a deal, otherwise ... stay tuned til tomorrow.

Or could the Sox get prospects out of Florida and flip them for Holliday? I wouldn't want to take us out of the running for Teix in the Fall but I'd rather have Holliday than some scrub from the Marlins.

Anybody else hearing three-way deal with Jason Bay going to BoSox? Manny to Marlins, pending him waiving his no-trade clause ...