What did you just finish listening to?

.:.impossible

I just thought about playing a disc but then decided to play another disc. By mistake I placed yet another disc into the player, hit play, but did not actually listen to it, as I forgot all about it and left the room.

Perhaps I should start a thread for this?

Are you listening to me?

I don't know...... I see the two threads as distinct and complementary. Ultimately, they do serve the same purpose for me though.

I know that sometimes I get in a rut and habitually grab the same type of titles and these threads give me some ideas when that happens. Sort of like "hey, I've haven't given that one a spin in a while" or "I was meaning to pick that one up".

The difference to me is a subtle one, but one worth preserving. You sit down at the PC, log on, toss a disc in the player and hit the jazz boards. What are you listening to at that moment. Spontaneous - vs what group of titles have been floating your boat lately as seen in the monthly listing. Sometimes within those longer lists you can see a pattern. Even if there is no pattern you might see that a poster likes 5 or 6 titles that you do and then throws in one that you would never consider. Kind of gets you thinking about checking it out as well, if you know what I mean.

On the surface, it does seem silly, but there must be a difference to the two. I never read the "(Insert month here) listening" threads, but I read and contribute to the "What are you listening to right now" thread. I've thought about it and have come up with two reasons- 1) The "right now" thread seems more spontaneous and deals directly with the board experience, and 2) the other thread reminds me of those threads where someone asks for an opinion of the top three whatever discs, and someone without a clue posts a laundry list of fifty titles, deeming each one completely essential for life as we know it... :lol:

I like the "October Listening" type of thread for the reasons that Ed mentions. I just think it is silly to have both. What you just listened to is still a part of October Listening. I always listed the disc that I was currently listening to when posting in the monthly thread.

Anyway, I was just goofing around. :P