Teasing the Korean on WMNF's "Latino 54"

Everyone's favorite Organissimo agent provocateur - Teasing the Korean - will be guest-hosting the June 18 (and possibly June 25) editions of "Latino 54" on WMNF. The show airs from 9 am to 10 am Wednesday, and you can listen live at www.wmnf.org . The show will also be archived for a week (until the following show). I will be pre-recording these shows and delivering them, so you can't call up and swear at me while I'm DJing.

I will be spinning classic 1950s Afro Cuban Jazz, Latin Soul, boogaloo, bossa, and exotica.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Everyone's favorite Organissimo agent provocateur - Teasing the Korean - will be guest-hosting the June 18 (and possibly June 25) editions of "Latino 54" on WMNF. The show airs from 9 am to 10 am Wednesday, and you can listen live at www.wmnf.org . The show will also be archived for a week (until the following show). I will be pre-recording these shows and delivering them, so you can't call up and swear at me while I'm DJing.

I will be spinning classic 1950s Afro Cuban Jazz, Latin Soul, boogaloo, bossa, and exotica.

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

What time zone are you in?

First, I'm amazed that this thread received all these responses so quickly!

Secondly, I'm thrilled that all my favorite BIG-O HIPSTERS are the ones who replied!

It will be broadcast Wed. June 18 from 9am-10am EST. I may be on the following week also, depending on whether there is a pledge drive that week. Each show will then be archived for a week, until the next show is broadcast.

Now that I know all the hipsters are listening, I have to put together an extra-cool show!!!

The show will be broadcast Wed. June 18, 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. EST. It will also be archived for a week. Go to www.wmnf.org and go to "schedule." Look for "Latino 54" on Wednesday at 9 a.m. and you'll be able to listen.

Playlist for June 18, 2008

Artist -- Track -- Album/CD

Willie Bobo -- Spanish Grease -- Spanish Grease

Clark Terry/Chico O'Farrill -- Spanish Rice -- Spanish Rice

Machito -- Green Onions -- Machito Goes Memphis

SET BREAK

Walfredo de los Reyes -- Es Diferente -- Sabor Cubano

Latin Jazz All Stars -- Azul -- Jazz Heat, Bongo Beat

Silvestre Mendez -- En El Sola -- Bembe Aragua

Chico O'farrill -- JATP Mambo -- Cuban Blues

SET BREAK

Joe Cuba -- La Malanga Brava -- Bang! Bang! Push, Push, Push

Pete Terrace -- Garbage Can Frug -- El Nuevo Pete Terrace

RAY BARRETTO -- Do You Dig It? -- Latino Con Soul

Alfredito & His Orchestra -- Get It Right -- Guajira with Boogaloo

SET BREAK

Tito Puente -- Velorio -- Tambo

Les Baxter -- Voodoo Dreams -- Jungle Jazz

Robert Drasnin -- Mirage -- Voodoo

SET BREAK

Joao Donato -- Tim Dom Dom -- Basic Principles of Sound Vol. 3

Bossa Jazz Trio -- Vamos Embora Uau -- Nicola Conte Presents Viagem

Roberto Menescal -- Baiaozinho -- A Bossa Nova de Roberto Menescal

Milton Banana -- Noa Noa -- Blue Brasil

SET BREAK

Cal Tjader -- Leyte -- Soul Sauce

Thanks to all of you for listening and also the positive comments! It's great to share great music with those who appreciate it!

MG, the Joe Cuba album I played (along with several other JC albums) has been reissued on vinyl:

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=b8s...p%3Bincl_cs%3D1

Not sure if it's out on CD.

Unfortunately, the two Les Baxter albums with Plas Johnson, "Jungle Jazz" and "African Jazz," have still not had a legitimate CD nor vinyl reissue. You may want to check out LB's "Ritual of the Savage" and "Tamboo," both of which have been reissued on CD.

I just found out that because of WMNF's upcoming pledge minithon, there probably won't be a "Latino 54" on June 25. I'll let you know if I'm asked to fill in on any upcoming shows though.