Depressing Day on Organissimo

I'm bummed to see people selling off their recorded music to meet expenses. I can only hope to be spared that unpleasantness...knock wood (or whatever the expression is). To all experiencing this or other hardships, I wish you well.

Seriously, this bothers me, too.

Why should it concern you though? Be like Lowe, cry for the jewel boxes instead.

uhhh, this is a music board. People take their music very seriously around these parts. How would you feel if you had to sell some Scott Hamilton CD's to make ends meet? Or some precious piece of Red Sox minutia?

I may not be a fan of either, but I'd still feel bad for you if you had to go that route.

I had to sell all of my Richard Dworsky CD's.

It crushed me, I tell you...

Are you aware Dan is selling his entire collection?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nope. I missed that. whoops.

Yeah, Whoops.

You can join Lowe in the crying for the jewel box section.

And for the record, I am selling everything here to maximize revenue flow, both in terms of time frame and how much I get to keep (not paying ebay fees).

Yeah, Whoops.

And for the record, I am selling everything here to maximize revenue flow, both in terms of time frame and how much I get to keep (not paying ebay fees).

Have you ever interacted with me without making a snide comment?

Truthfully, I've almost PM'd you and others a couple of times to place a purchase, but it just doesn't feel right. If you have to do it, I'd rather you sell it on eBay for top dollar.

(Unless your motivation is due to space issues, which, considering the whole jewel case controversy, may well be the case, for all I know)

The jewel boxes went away when I switched to storing everything in binders. Why it became an issue I'll never understand, but then again I've learned to expect the very worst from the likes of Lowe.

My sale is entirely motivated by financial desperation. I do not wish to put anything on ebay, due to the fees, among other things. I would much rather sell as much as I can to the people here. So please do not let "bad feelings" keep you from PM-ing about any items you are interested in. The best way to help me is to purchase anything I am offering at the price I have set. Ending up with things that you or others might have wanted won't feed the bulldog, as they say.

Now I'm off to start posting the G's and beyond.

Yeah, Whoops.

Have you ever interacted with me without making a snide comment?

I don't know and I don't particularly care. I have to date posted three different highly active sale threads that have made it clear what I am doing. The fact that you missed it and decided to post something snide aimed at me, well, don't be surprised when the snideness comes back around.

Dan,

1) I don't live here, and I don't usually check the offering/for sale section. So, I apologize for not realizing what you were doing on a portion of the board I don't usually check out.

2) there was nothing snide about my original comments. If you think that there was, I'm sorry.

in case anyone's wondering, I ran into Julianne Moore at Portland Airport, where she was taking her son home from camp - I was standing next to her on line at Starbucks; I said to her - "I know you're an actress, and I apologize, but I cannot think of your name." She was very gracious, though that didn't stop her from calling the cops when I tried to steal a pair of her underpants from her suitcase -

Yes, just yesterday I was wondering, "Has Allen run into Julianne Moore lately, and if not, WHEN???" Well, glad that question's been answered.