an oldy but goody - a CD with: David Murray/Doc Cheatham

still have plenty of these around - Stash put out our Knitting Factory Recording:

"Mental Strain at Dawn: A Modern Portrait if Louis Armstrong" - w/Murray/Cheatham/Schoenberg and me

given honorable mention as release of the year by the National Assocation of Independent Record Distributors -

named CD of the Month by Bob Blumental in CD Review -

got a lot nice reviews - a good night with good music - tunes include some standards (Black and Blue, La Cucaracha, Dinah, Chinatown) and amalgams of standards with free composition -

$8 shipped USA; my paypal is alowe5@maine.rr.com

Edited by AllenLowe

Just got this. It is a goody!! What ever happened to Stash Records?

Bernie Brightman (Stash) died awhile ago and from what I've heard the cds and lps are sitting in a barn somewhere in upstate NY.

I've been checking barns as I see them and still no luck on finding the recordings

Stash was shut down by the Harry Fox agency for never paying royalties. Sorry to hear Bernie died, but while a charming guy, he was a crook.

Bernie Brightman (Stash) died awhile ago and from what I've heard the cds and lps are sitting in a barn somewhere in upstate NY.

I've been checking barns as I see them and still no luck on finding the recordings

Stash was shut down by the Harry Fox agency for never paying royalties. Sorry to hear Bernie died, but while a charming guy, he was a crook.

Does Fox collect for publishing or for performance or for both?

You're looking for a stash of Stash.