Groovadelphia on the radio here in DFW!!!

Big Al

So I'm driving the kids to school today and we hear "Groovadelphia" on KNTU this morning.

What makes this so cool (aside from the obvious coolness about hearing the guys on the radio in the first place).... well, there was so much cool about this:

• Yesterday, we were listening to the Groovadelphia CD in the truck, the title track was playing. I mentioned to my son that "this is that band that my friends in Michigan are in." He thought that was cool, and he & his buddy were bobbin' their heads & tappin' their fingers to the music. Now, you gotta remember: these are twelve-year-olds who dig Metallica & other Rock Band/Guitar Hero bands, so this is a good thing.

• When the boys got in the truck today, I mentioned that this was Organissimo ("The band with your friends in Michigan, Dad?" "Ooohhh yeahh!!!") and not only did they think it was pretty cool that the cool song they heard on the CD player the day before was on the radio today, but they were STILL groovin' along with the song.

• I called Skid cuz I had to call SOMEONE. Cool thing about Skid: he's one of the few people on the planet I can call and tell about something like this who would truly appreciate this. Plus, he made me howl this morning when he answered the phone thusly: "Tori Amos Fan Club Headquarters." I love getting caught off guard like that!

• Then I called KNTU and pretended like I'd never heard of Organissimo and asked "who was playing that funky organ-trio type song that was played about five minutes ago." She said who it was, and I said "PLEASE play that again and a LOT! That was a terrific tune," and she said "Well, keep listening because we have it on heavy rotation." HELL FREAKIN' YEAH!!!!! Organissimo in heavy rotation in the DFW area!

More congrats, guys!