Blindfold Test 2.0

Big Al

Mikeweil has graciously consented to let me take over the reins of the Blindfold Test for a while (indefinitely, at least four games :g ).

Here's the list as it stands as of Thursday, October 16:

# 60 - Eloe Omoe - August 2008

# 61 - fent99 - September 2008

# 62 - Mr. Bassman - October 2008

# 63 - Claude Bartee - November 2008

# 64 - sidewinder - December 2008 good to go

# 65 - Durium - January 2009 good to go

# 66 - Nate Dorward - February 2009

# 67 - RDK - March 2009 good to go

# 68 - Dan Gould - April 2009 good to go

# 69 - Bill Barton - May 2009 good to go

# 70 - wordsand sounds - June 2009

# 71 - mikeweil - July 2009

# 72 - EKE BBB - August 2009

# 73 - Dmitry - September 2009

I will send a blanket PM to everyone on the list. Whoever I haven't heard from by Sunday night 10:00 pm US central time will be moved to the end of the list, and everyone else will be moved up accordingly.

December is my target date to start discussion on what will be BFT #60. Once the new list is set, I'll figure out a way to start a new Master BFT thread carrying all the links to the previous BFTs.

Post any and all questions here. Thanks again, Mike, and thanks especially for heading it up all this time. :tup

Edited by Big Al

Sidewinder, I didn't include you on the PM because a) that would've made 13 cc's, and I'm only allowed 12 and b) you stated in the previous thread that you were ready to go. :)

Indeed I am, Big Al. December launch date is cast in jello concrete. :rsmile:

Edited by sidewinder

If I may make a suggestion, I don't think its necessary to set such a short time period for people to respond, or lose their spots. If we presume that Sidewinder will be good to go in December, that gives everyone six weeks to step up and confirm or else to be dropped. The goal should be to give people a chance to participate starting in January 2009, and you do that by giving them a chance to respond and confirm.

Well, it's just as I'd kinda predicted. The folks starting with sidewinder and immediately following have already responded, and I imagine I'll hear from Nate in the next few days (I have no reason to believe he won't respond, since he's still around and active). Realistically, I don't expect to hear back from the first four, since none of them have posted anything since June.

I figured once sidewinder did his BFT, we'd be back in business. Will keep everyone informed, though.